Get android for free with contract then no activation???

uchihakula

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to get android phone at 2-yr contract price (sometimes free) then refuse to activate or pay for plan after receiving the equipment.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
if you dont activate it within a certain amount of days then they will charge you for the full retail amount of the phone.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Contracts generally apply to service (in exchange for a subsidy on the equipment) not to the device itself but it really depends on the specific terms that you agreed to. You don't mention a 3rd party reseller who will have additional terms on top of the carrier. If you don't pay for service you're subject to ETF, late fees, negative credit reporting, etc. You're paying one way or another.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
A contract is just that, a contract. Refusing to activate it would break the contract, and you can't break it without paying a fee (ETF and full price for device).

Jan Petras

May 30, 2011
janskriver.wordpress.com
Living in the U.S sucks. Under the European law, no carrier can force you to use their service.
As in, you still have to pay for the phone - but you can take the phone and then give up their service anytime, in which case you have to pay for the phone itself like you agreed: XX number of euros/month (whatever the plan you signed up costed) until you reach the price of the phone at the date you purchased it.

Sometimes, for some phones, it's more advantageous to do this :). For example when the carrier you actually use doesn't have that phone, you just go to another carrier, make a contract, get it instantly for free, refuse their service and just start paying for the phone like a lease :).

That was the case with the iPhone for example. Only orange was giving it out and I used vodafone, so I went, took the iPhone, refused to pay and stayed with vodafone. I also made them unlock the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89