Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys,

New Android user on the block struggling with this:

Need a Video Player App that:
1- Streams from major cloud providers (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.),
AND
2- Has Playback Speed controller

- VLC for iPhone does the thing, however for Android VLC lacks the streaming from cloud;

- GOM Player streams from cloud, however they claim to have Playback Speed control on their page but I could not find anywhere in the app - already contacted them but no answer back...

My device and Android version: Galaxy S8 / Android Nougat

Appreciate any help! :)

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
In VLC, it has a streaming ability for any URL you type in.
I would assume that it will work with any "drive" service using a "shared" URL.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

New Android user on the block struggling with this:

Need a Video Player App that:
1- Streams from major cloud providers (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.),
AND
2- Has Playback Speed controller

- VLC for iPhone does the thing, however for Android VLC lacks the streaming from cloud;

- GOM Player streams from cloud, however they claim to have Playback Speed control on their page but I could not find anywhere in the app - already contacted them but no answer back...

My device and Android version: Galaxy S8 / Android Nougat

Appreciate any help! :)

Try MX Player Pro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro

I use it with Solid Explorer to link into Dropbox, etc.

rodrigoawk

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Try MX Player Pro

PERFECT ANSWER!!!

Just installed Solid Explorer File Manager and it kind of "mount" cloud accounts, like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.

Then I can navigate to the folder I store the videos AND when select one to play, it is possible to choose any player installed - in my case, I'd prefer VLC.

Now playing the video from anywhere I want, VLC has the option to change the playback speed!

The best part: all for FREE!
--- Anyway, I decided to buy full version of Solid Explorer in order to "motivate" the developer.

The detailed explanation here is to help anyone else who may be in the same situation! I moved recently from iOS and this was really disappointing me before your tip! :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
PERFECT ANSWER!!!

Just installed Solid Explorer File Manager and it kind of "mount" cloud accounts, like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.

Then I can navigate to the folder I store the videos AND when select one to play, it is possible to choose any player installed - in my case, I'd prefer VLC.

Now playing the video from anywhere I want, VLC has the option to change the playback speed!

The best part: all for FREE!
--- Anyway, I decided to buy full version of Solid Explorer in order to "motivate" the developer.

The detailed explanation here is to help anyone else who may be in the same situation! I moved recently from iOS and this was really disappointing me before your tip! :)

Glad I could help. :)

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Try MX Player Pro

I have team folder google account, and shared to my private google account
I want to stream movies (shared team drive folder) from my private google account

Can I add source from this shared folder to MX player pro so I can stream all the movies on that team drive shared folder ?

or

Can I add 2 sources (2 google drive account) to MX player ?

Does this app has feature to fetch metadata / movie poster / subtitle feature ?

I tried to find apps with these feature but cannot find any .. if any recommendation will be much appreciated (except kodi, i dislike kodi)

thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty