Find My Device: How to Prevent Deactivating from Device Administrators?

Stavros Tzathas

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I have Samsung A8 (2018), Android Nougat 7.1.1

Is there a way to prevent someone deactivating the <Find My Device> Application,under Device Administrators?
If somebody steals my Device (while unlocked) and deactivate it,how am i supposed to control my Phone? I tested it before,and it is very easy to untick it and deactivate it. Is there a way to be password protected somehow?Thank you very much.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's (password protecting) called locking. You can lock an app, but I don;t think you'd want to lock Settings, which is what would be used to deactivate any device admin rights, which is how you'd defeat FMD.

Stavros Tzathas

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
''Find my Device'' from Google,is an application for remote controling your device as if it has been stolen.It should not be able for someone to deactivate it from Device Administrators.The app should ask for password when someone tries to deactivate it from Device Administrators.

Darr247

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
''Find my Device'' from Google,is an application for remote controling your device as if it has been stolen.It should not be able for someone to deactivate it from Device Administrators.The app should ask for password when someone tries to deactivate it from Device Administrators.

It does not ask for a password - it just crashes Settings. And you cannot uninstall updates to Play Services (to rollback to a previous version) as long as that option is checked in Device Administrators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty