Can you install Windows on an Android Tablet?

fro_zone

Jun 24, 2018
Visit site
Peace from Melbourne, OZ :)

I have recently acquired a unbranded/generic branded Android Tablet via eBay Australia. It is running Android Marshmallow 6.0 with an Octa Core processor. It also has 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM.

I have read on multiple Tech sites that Windows CAN be installed on an Android Tablet, but I am having trouble finding anything. I have read that changemysoftware is fake, if that is the case that won't help my cause. Can any of the androidians on here provide me info on if it is possible at all, but if so where to look and how to install it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

All I know is that Windows phones cannot be persuaded to run Android, or if they can at all with extensive mucking about, you have to accept that certain things, like mobile data or camera, will not work. I imagine it’s much the same the other way round, but I’ll move this to General Help & How To for comments.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Here's one way: https://www.androidauthority.com/install-windows-on-android-868800/

But there may be issues: "Keep in mind that this application is unsupported third-party software, and is not authorized by either Google or Microsoft. Also, your tablet may not have the hardware enabled to run Windows, even with Change My Software. In other words, you will be downloading and using this program at your own risk." (Quote from the above linked website)

Note that I have not tried this myself and it may brick your tablet and the procedure is somewhat involved as you need a PC and high speed internet connection. I was unable to find out if the above method actually works. I personally don't think it is worth the effort.