sprint question?

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I live in an are with pretty good verizon coverage and spotty sprint coverage. My question is does sprint and verizon share towers? If I go with sprint, wouldn't I get great coverage because I could roam on verizon towers for a much cheaper price? I could save about $25 a month with sprint and have unlimited everything. Thanks for the help.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Sprint and Verizon have a roaming agreement, so that if either has coverage, you'll connect. I know this for a fact.

Less sure: I think that the agreement doesn't cover 3g data service. So it's possible to be in an area where one of the two carriers has good 3g coverage, but the other vendor drops you back to 1xRTT. Again, I'm not 100% sure this is true.

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
There is a small area where I live that has bad Sprint coverage and I can make phone calls there but data is very slow if not unusable. So the no data roaming agreement sounds true to me.

rb68

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Do NOT depend on roaming agreements. Most of the carriers have a clause in the terms and conditions where they can terminate your service if too much of your overall usage is on roaming networks. Tread careful...

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Do NOT depend on roaming agreements. Most of the carriers have a clause in the terms and conditions where they can terminate your service if too much of your overall usage is on roaming networks. Tread careful...

As much as I am a fan of Sprint I would agree. if Sprint has spotty/poor service in your area I would not go there because you'll get crappy data coverage and if you are on a smart phone what is the point in that situation? I am with Sprint because they have good coverage in my area or else I might still be (quietly gagging) with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38