No ADB

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm really, really not having any luck installing the ADB drivers. I've got an HTC Desire, hboot 0.93, running stock 2.2. Computer runs Windows 7 Enterprise x86.

Basically, no matter which method I try (HTC Sync, Unrevoked drivers, PdaNet, SDK), I can't get the darn thing to install. The SDK won't even work (as outlined here, just get a black console window), HTC Sync successfully installs all drivers except ADB, PdaNet just doesn't seem to do it properly and the Unrevoked drivers give me "Cannot find the file specified" when I browse to the .inf through Device Manager.

So, what must I do to get it installed and working?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm really, really not having any luck installing the ADB drivers. I've got an HTC Desire, hboot 0.93, running stock 2.2. Computer runs Windows 7 Enterprise x86.

Basically, no matter which method I try (HTC Sync, Unrevoked drivers, PdaNet, SDK), I can't get the darn thing to install. The SDK won't even work (as outlined here, just get a black console window), HTC Sync successfully installs all drivers except ADB, PdaNet just doesn't seem to do it properly and the Unrevoked drivers give me "Cannot find the file specified" when I browse to the .inf through Device Manager.

So, what must I do to get it installed and working?

When you install, try right mouse clicking, and select "run as administrator"

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When you install, try right mouse clicking, and select "run as administrator"
Managed to get rooted now, not sure what was wrong before but when I plugged in the phone I tried manually installing the ADB driver that comes with the Unrevoked drivers through the Device Manager and it went through!

Looking to get InsertCoin installed now. :)

JMC31337

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
believe it or not and this is fyi
if you have clockwork recovery img installed on your HTC's
booting into recovery and then running ADB devices
works
adb shelled right into the HTC Merge while it was sitting at its main clockwork recovery menu

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non