Hi. I'm new to the Android scene. Big adjustment from iOS

I recently purchased the new Huawei P30 pro. I accidentally uninstalled the default email app. Oopsi! I did some research already and tried a few things listed below which did not work:
    • Created a new account
    • Checked Settings > Default Apps
    • Checked Settings > Apps
    • Downloaded the Shareit app and sent the Email app from a P20 pro device. App was successfully shared but cant install.
    • Huawei support say my only option is to reset

Im not keen on doing the reset.

Any other options PLEASE!
    04-27-2019 01:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's usually not possible to uninstall/delete the preinstalled Email app. Could it be that you Disabled it? Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Show System, and see if it shows up there.
    zaheed manuel likes this.
    04-27-2019 09:15 AM
    Hi Diddy. Thanks for the reply! I don't see it there. My default email app shows Gmail now. I remembered I pressed the uninstall button
    04-27-2019 11:12 AM
    You'll have to remember the name of the email app. Then just install it from Play. Set it up as an existing account, to your actual email account, and it will populate with the emails already there. (Or use GMail - you can set that up to use your existing account too.) And, unless the email app can't set things up, let it do it by itself, don't try to fill in the server, port, etc., unless you actually understand how POP3, IMAP and SMTP work. (If you need to, which is doubtful, since it would indicate a pretty badly-designed app, the email's website should have instructions.)
    zaheed manuel likes this.
    04-27-2019 12:35 PM
    Hi. Thanks for the Reply Rukbat! It wasnt an installed app from the Play store. It was the default Email app that came with Android 9.
    04-27-2019 01:23 PM
    What may be the correct apk file is linked here by XDA member starciti, in Post 4: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...p-apk-t3919423
    04-27-2019 03:16 PM
    Thanks for reply! Got an error > "Error parsing the file" Could not install that apk file.

Look like I need to reset. But I am really not keen on this.
    04-27-2019 11:50 PM
    Hi Diddy. Thanks for the reply! I don't see it there. My default email app shows Gmail now. I remembered I pressed the uninstall button
    Hi, I've done the same, deleted the Huawei mail app but managed to get it back from my previous Huawei phone.
    So if you have any huawei phone or someone that has it, you can transfer mail app using SendAnywhere app.
    PhoneClone won't transfer it for some reason. Hope this helps.

G
    08-01-2021 03:55 PM