T-Mobile G2 or wait for MyTouch Slide 4G - do I need all that extra power?

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can pay ~$250 to get the G2 now, or wait and buy the Slide 4G for what will probably be ~$500 (to use either with Simple Mobile - assuming the Slide 4G is compatible based on the regular 4G and the Slide 3G being compatible). And because of the company (Simple Mobile), these are pretty much my only two choices (as in, phone with a physical keyboard and better than my current Optimus V).

Anyway, the Slide 4G obviously has the better specs (dual-core processor, 128MB extra RAM to bump it up to 768MB, etc.)...but is it really worth me paying probably double for it? I don't game on Android phones or intend to ever start, I don't intend to visit Flash/script/etc.-heavy sites all the time that will eat up my processor, and I don't really find speed/response issues with my current phone (mainly getting the new phone for the keyboard).

I've heard theories that dual-core processors could allow for better responsiveness or longer battery life and stuff like that, but is the Android OS actually being updated to make good use of these processors, or is this still something well in the future (and something I could upgrade to when the Slide 4G drops to the ~$250 mark)?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If all you do is text, and make ph calls, why spend the extra bucks.

But if you want bragging rights......

How big is your ego, and who do you want to impress?