App icon changed to green android robot and has been this way for a while now; how to fix?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

There was no update or anything on my phone (Moto E4), just out of the blue one of my app's icon changed into the green android robot and its been this way for about 2 weeks now. I have restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and restarted the launcher. The app works normally it just has the robot icon instead of its regular icon on both the home screen and the drawer. I do have a micro SD card in my phone but the app has not been transferred to it. I had the SD card inside after this issue started too. I couldn't find any solutions online about this so I decided to just ask on here.

Jul 28, 2019
Visit site
App icon changed into green android robot

There was no update or anything on my phone (Moto E4), just out of the blue one of my app's icon changed into the green android robot and its been this way for about 2 weeks now. I have restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and restarted the launcher. The app works normally it just has the robot icon instead of its regular icon on both the home screen and the drawer. I do have a micro SD card in my phone but the app has not been transferred to it. I had the SD card inside after this issue started too. I couldn't find any solutions online about this so I decided to just ask on here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: App icon changed into green android robot

Thanks for registering
What is this app your talking about with green Android? Do you have a launcher on the phone?

This is your original post , we should stay there to avoid duplicates.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=970366

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another thing to try is reset app preference maybe something happened to that app .
To do that setting>apps>3 dot upper right corner tap>scroll to app preference see, if that helps.Screenshot_20190728-003154_Settings.jpeg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have one or two icons like that on different devices. It doesn’t worry me and I can’t be bothered to fix it. I think I’ve fixed it before, but I certainly can’t remember how.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have one or two icons like that on different devices. It doesn’t worry me and I can’t be bothered to fix it. I think I’ve fixed it before, but I certainly can’t remember how.
I think I Know which way that might be , download a 3rd party launcher temporary, to long press that icon and change it back to original then go back to stock launcher see if it says.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you seeing that icon in the App Drawer and in the Settings>Apps​ menu, or only on your homescreen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged. Also moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me that the app updated (if you haven't changed anything it will do that in the background and you night not notice the notification) ... and the developer left out the icon file in the update.