Tricky Adware /Tracker only affecting browsers

Twixx33

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Have an adware or malicious tracker that is only affecting browsers on my phone (Chrome, Samsung internet). It does not redirect or issue pop-ups, but when visiting sites like Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon; there's a block of ads that appear at the bottom of the page for other stores. These types of ads should not appear on these kind of sites. This appears to be the only issue it causes.

All Play store anti-mals return zero threats as do trojan killers. I've done a cache wipe, safe mode (ads still show), and factory reset (full disclosure I backed up and reinstalled so prob just put the Mal back on). Installed Brave Browser and the ads don't appear

Is there a way to locate the source or options to remove I haven't tried? Any idea is welcome.

Info: This did not come as a result of downloading an app. Only could have come from visiting a site. Have not added any new apps in 2019. All google/YT searches return info that does not address my particular issue

Galaxy s10+
Android 9/ one ui 1.1
Security patch level July 1 2019

Attachments

• 20190806_202207.jpg
    20190806_202207.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have an adware or malicious tracker that is only affecting browsers on my phone (Chrome, Samsung internet). It does not redirect or issue pop-ups, but when visiting sites like Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon; there's a block of ads that appear at the bottom of the page for other stores. These types of ads should not appear on these kind of sites. This appears to be the only issue it causes.

All Play store anti-mals return zero threats as do trojan killers. I've done a cache wipe, safe mode (ads still show), and factory reset (full disclosure I backed up and reinstalled so prob just put the Mal back on). Installed Brave Browser and the ads don't appear

Is there a way to locate the source or options to remove I haven't tried? Any idea is welcome.

Info: This did not come as a result of downloading an app. Only could have come from visiting a site. Have not added any new apps in 2019. All google/YT searches return info that does not address my particular issue

Galaxy s10+
Android 9/ one ui 1.1
Security patch level July 1 2019
On the Samsung browser have you enabled ad blocker?

Twixx33

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have. I don't actually even use Samsung browser - I'm only using it now to check if the problem is still there

Twixx33

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok , just want make sure we cover stuff .
Have you tried safe mode ?

I ran safe mode before doing a cache wipe and factory reset. But it shows up. I've been doing some research and I think something called doubelclick and ethno.io (don't visit this site!) might be part of the problem. However, nobody online has an answer for how to remove it- every YT vid and blog suggests doing the same things you and I have already covered.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I ran safe mode before doing a cache wipe and factory reset. But it shows up. I've been doing some research and I think something called doubelclick and ethno.io (don't visit this site!) might be part of the problem. However, nobody online has an answer for how to remove it- every YT vid and blog suggests doing the same things you and I have already covered.
What's strange it went to both browsers.
Sorry I'm making go through things again , but something we missing here .
I'm going look that up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87