Samsung Galaxy S8 locking up while charging

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung Galaxy S8 has started locking up during charging overnight. Symptoms are a very dim screen and the phone will not do anything. After complete discharge, I can charge it and it is okay. Has done this twice in the past week.

wnypat

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
Am registered now. The S-8 is in Safe Mode now. It locked up once while charging and the other time it was just sitting on table. Both times I had to let it completely discharge, and them start recharge to get it to unlock.

wnypat

Sep 16, 2019
Visit site
Re: How to keep my Samsung Galaxy S8 from locking up?

Are you referring to screen lock? Please clarify

Yes, the screen is locked. I don't know if that is what one calls screen lock or not. I'm a old fart, not real savy on cell phone technology. When it happens, nothing works! The first time this appened was while charging, and when it locked , the screen was very dim. Second time it was just sitting on table doing nothing, and the screen just locked. Both times I had to let it sit until the battery discharged, and them recharged. Everything was okay after recharge until it locked the second time about 5 days later. I put it in Safe Mode to see it that helps.

I have another thread started about this :(.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok -- are you saying that it's still happening in Safe Mode, or that you're waiting to see if it happens?

The next time it freezes, you shouldn't have to let it completely discharge. Try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds to force a shutdown.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or just hold the power switch down until it restarts (usually 30 seconds or less).

BTW, this old fart (77) takes offense (just kidding). But old and "not a technical expert" don't necessarily go together. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana