Question Get notifications from the Samsung Reminders app on the lock screen of a Galaxy S8 phone running Android 9 (One UI 1.0)

HeyImAmy

Oct 31, 2023
Visit site
Prior to getting my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone, I had an Apple iPod Touch.

Apple has a Reminders app that comes built-in to iPhone, iPod Touch, and maybe other devices but I am not sure that I frequently used so I was really happy to find a Reminders app on my S8.

When I set up a reminder on my iPod, a notification about the reminder would show up on my lock screen at whatever time I scheduled the reminder for and I assumed the same would happen on my S8 but that is not the case.

My S8 has Do Not Disturb enabled but I set up notifications for the Samsung Reminders app to ignore Do Not Disturb. I also tried setting the times for my reminders to 9:35 am, 5 minutes after my Do Not Disturb shuts off at 9:30 am, and made sure lock screen notifications are not hidden but I still do not see reminder notifications on my lock screen.

I know lock screen notifications work because I sent myself a test email and got a notification, on my lock screen, about the email from the Samsung Email app. I have double checked every setting I could think of and cannot find anything that may be stopping reminder notifications from popping up on my lock screen.

I am attaching screen shots of my settings for Reminders and for my lock screen. Unless the Samsung Reminders app does not have lock screen notifications, I am just curious if anyone knows why the Samsung Reminders app does not show notifications on the lock screen of the S8?

Screenshot_20231031-180438_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20231031-180518_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20231031-180524_Settings.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember exactly how it worked in older versions of Android... If you tap on "Reminders" in the last screenshot you included (not the toggle, but the area that reads "Sound and Pop-up", does it open up a second screen? If so, is there an option there to activate/de-activate lockscreen notifications?

HeyImAmy

Oct 31, 2023
Visit site
I can't remember exactly how it worked in older versions of Android... If you tap on "Reminders" in the last screenshot you included (not the toggle, but the area that reads "Sound and Pop-up", does it open up a second screen? If so, is there an option there to activate/de-activate lockscreen notifications?
I double checked and lock screen notifications are on. It's the same for all the categories (Connected devices, Other notifications, etc....).

Screenshot_20231031-210355_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is permission on for reminder notification ?
8d3015bdb6b195cef13a4dc879cc84e4.jpg

HeyImAmy

Oct 31, 2023
Visit site
I'm stumped... Have you tried a different reminder app (like Google Tasks perhaps)? Do the lockscreen reminder notifications show up if Do Not Disturb is turned off?
Thank you for trying to help. I'm not sure what the issue was but my reminders randomly started showing on my lock screen. I woke up one morning and they were there. I am all set and no longer need assistance with this issue.

Reactions: SpookDroid

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad these are working now! (I do hate it when these things fix themselves 'randomly' though haha Because then we don't know exactly why it was happening to begin with!).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000