Oldest daily driver?

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
I have a buddy running around with a HTC one m8. I thought that was pretty cool. I know a guy still using an S5.
Any of you out there still daily driving anything older? Backup phones don't count lol

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a buddy running around with a HTC one m8. I thought that was pretty cool. I know a guy still using an S5.
Any of you out there still daily driving anything older? Backup phones don't count lol
I've got the Galaxy S10 and the LG G8. My friend however, he's using an iPhone 4. He can't be helped. I've tried.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With my aging eyes, I'd need an electron microscope to see things on an iPhone 4 screen these days.:confused:

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
With my aging eyes, I'd need an electron microscope to see things on an iPhone 4 screen these days.:confused:

I know the feeling. Age 75 but still kicking. By the way; I used electron microscopes for almost 10 years and then sold them for Philips and Carl Zeis for over 30 years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know the feeling. Age 75 but still kicking. By the way; I used electron microscopes for almost 10 years and then sold them for Philips and Carl Zeis for over 30 years.

Cool! So you can get me a Friends & Family discount, right? Maybe take $100 off, so it'll only cost me $999,900?:p

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
My mum rocks an S3, well 2 and 2 note 4s, and 2 Note 8s and now a Note 9. Yes all at once. She is addicted to phones.

That's a new level! I always loved the feel of the s3 in hand. It curved and settled in the hand in a way that was unique and now with the normalization of phablets, you never get anymore. I forgot how good it was till I saw a friend of mine who uses one as a dedicated GPS /media player in his car.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
The longest I used a single model for a daily driver was for 2 1/2 years with the OG Motorola Droid. Now I can barely keep one phone for six months.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Wasn't too long ago I was rocking the BlackBerry Priv. The Snapdragon 808 was crap at launch in 2015, and it did NOT age well. Whatever time is gained by typing accurately on it, is lost by waiting for apps/screens to load.
I owned multiple units of that phone and did every single optimization trick in the book, but the fact is that it remains unusable as a daily driver in 2020.

The oldest I'd go now is my KEYone Black Edition. If you removed the keyboard (and notif LED) though, you get a very generic underpowered midranger from 2017.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wasn't too long ago I was rocking the BlackBerry Priv. The Snapdragon 808 was crap at launch in 2015, and it did NOT age well. Whatever time is gained by typing accurately on it, is lost by waiting for apps/screens to load.
I owned multiple units of that phone and did every single optimization trick in the book, but the fact is that it remains unusable as a daily driver in 2020.

The oldest I'd go now is my KEYone Black Edition. If you removed the keyboard (and notif LED) though, you get a very generic underpowered midranger from 2017.
Snap dragon 808 was horrible :(

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's really disappointing that the 808 affected the BlackBerry Priv in that way. The Priv, from what I remember, was pure awesomeness. But when your processor is slow...