Need a car holder for phone in thick wallet case

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Family member has a new samsung phone in a case that also holds some credit cards and ID. It's currently falling out of their current air vent holder. Does anybody have suggestions for preferrably an air vent holder that can handle thicker cases like this? Thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the air vent holders because they always blew hot air on to the device which seems very detrimental especially when charging. Cold can also be a bad thing but heat is a batteries biggest enemy. *Stepping down from the soapbox* Anyway, I have a window mounted phone clip that has very deep grips, meaning a thicker device could be held with ease. Some don't like the window mount types because they can, if not installed properly, obscure view and in climates that very widely fall off if not good quality or properly installed. I tend to go for the longer neck variety so that my phone rests at the edge of the dashboard, making it easier to get in and out of the holder and manipulate when needed. The short ones, in my opinion, hold the device too far away and cause me to reach too much if I need to touch the device. The dashboard mounted ones never work for me because I've never had a smooth dash. They tend to be the shorter reach ones or are designed to stand upright.

This model I found on eBay is similar to the type I'm talking about... www.ebay.com/itm/123187715190 In the photos you can see what I mean by having it reach out to the edge of the dashboard too.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of weight to put on a vent. What about a cupholder mount?

I brought this up once in another thread and the OP posted photos of stuffing the vent with foam to support the weight of the device and the type of mount they were using had some kind of positive locking system to prevent it from falling off. I need my vents living in an area with 4 seasons so I could never dream of blocking one off or having it point to the floor all of the time. That's just me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez