EVO outsold original iPhone, Droid and Incredible

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
EVO sold 320K according to analysts on DAY 1.
Original iPhone sold 250K in first 2-3 days
Moto Droid sold 100K first 3 days, 250K first week
Droid Incredible sold 100K in first 2 days

EVO possibly outsold iPhone1, Moto Droid and Droid Inc combined on first day.

Sprint needs to put that word out if the EVO estimates are on target. So should Android Central.

Edit: Estimates for EVO have been reduced to about 150K units the first day. That's still more than either Droids and possibly more than first iPhone.

Original Sources:
Sprint Says Evo 4G Phone Breaks One-Day Sales Record (Update3) - BusinessWeek
http://gigaom.com/2010/04/05/ipad-vs-the-iphone-vs-the-iphone-3g/
http://gigapple.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/smartphone_sales_launch.png?w=550&h=340
Droid Does: 250,000 Sales in First Week
Verizon Can't Keep Up with Demand for HTC Droid Incredible

Last edited:

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Damn Right! I'm so happy for Sprint. They get pooped on all the time and it blows! I'v been with them for 4 years and have ZERO complaints! hey Sprint, if you are listening. Thank You for a great device and great service!

hulksmash

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Droid incredible is really disappointing, it doesn't even have sd card, bunch of my apps didn't work, i ended up using my eris...

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Droid incredible is really disappointing, it doesn't even have sd card, bunch of my apps didn't work, i ended up using my eris...

Whaaa? Verizon gave all the Incredible users free MicroSD cards.. I've never run into an app that didn't work, and the Incredible blows the Eris outta the water.

rujelus22

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Damn Right! I'm so happy for Sprint. They get pooped on all the time and it blows! I'v been with them for 4 years and have ZERO complaints! hey Sprint, if you are listening. Thank You for a great device and great service!

I'm with you. Been with sprint for 5 years and have loved every minute. I get service where others do not, Good data plans and they always have the phone I want.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Obviously you do not own an Incredible or have no clue how to use it. Better check your box because the sd card is in there or they put it in for you at a store if you bought brick and mortar. How about a list of the "bunch of apps" that don't work. My guess is you probably only use first gen games that were ported and buggy to begin with.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Im really happy for sprint for these sales (ps. I highly doubt its as low as 150k) id say it was from 250k to 320k, it was so ridiculous that sprints system were overloaded from so many activations. Glad they finally have a winner worthy of all the hype

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Their original estimates for sales were way inflated.
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-says-evo-4g-saw-record-one-day-sales-working-ease-shortages

"Sprint didn't actually give any numbers (we've had retailers unofficially give us estimates between 25,000 and 50,000, and the developer of Radar Now! estimates as many as 45,000 to 60,000 devices activated over the weekend."

I am surprised they didn't have more in stock considering how long ago the Evo was announced compared to phones like the Inc (which is still pretty much impossible to find).