Thoughts on when BBM will be released?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Due to last weeks little slip up, when RIM changed to the Launch Screen stating "BBM for Android and iOS is here" I am guessing it will be released tomorrow. Tuesday September 3rd, 2013. For the following reasons;

1. RIM Always releases things on Tuesdays for some reason.
2. Being it's the first day back to school in a lot of places ( Day after Labour Day ), it would be a huge market for that age group, and it would help to spread the word through high schools, colleges, and universitys.
3. User guides were also put out last week as well.

Just all seems to make sense. And since they usually release on a Tuesday I am guessing tomorrow is the day. Thoughts?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure but I'm excited for it and I hope they do this right I'm rooting for blackberry to succeed

Sent from my HTC One

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure but I'm excited for it and I hope they do this right I'm rooting for blackberry to succeed

Sent from my HTC One

I am a former Blackberry user. And I would like to see RIM succeed as well. BBM is far superior in my mind to WhatsApp and such. Google Hangouts is getting there, but it forces you to have other things to use it. I like the simple interface of BBM, the fact you can see what a message is delivered and read. etc...
I just hope RIM doesn't pull it's typical and end up being way later for release than promised.

Dapper37

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok here it is, Sept 12th
You guys dont know me so im sure theres no reason to believe!
Simply mark you calendar and see!
Theres no reason Android and BB users cant be friends .)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok here it is, Sept 12th

RIM never releases anything on a Friday :) Sorry not going to happen on Sept 12.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok here it is, Sept 12th

RIM never releases anything on a Friday. Not going to happen.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well it's stuck in iOS hell for approvals now 2 weeks and counting. The question IS did they submit it to the Play Store or not and if not why. I mean the whole putting crap on iOS first is garbage given the average revenue a developer makes on ios is $5200/month and Android is $4700/month its not enough justification to make Android wait when you could be generating $9900/month if you did both (on average that is).

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well it's stuck in iOS hell for approvals now 2 weeks and counting. The question IS did they submit it to the Play Store or not and if not why. I mean the whole putting crap on iOS first is garbage given the average revenue a developer makes on ios is $5200/month and Android is $4700/month its not enough justification to make Android wait when you could be generating $9900/month if you did both (on average that is).

First, I am guessing that they will both come out at once, but if not, Android will get it first, but I believe RIM will make sure it will be able to be downloaded from their site anyway. Which is pretty much proven from seeing the screen shots when they ACCIDENTALLY put up the IT'S HERE screen for a minute :)
Becayse there were links to DOWNLOAD now for iOS and Android

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
First, I am guessing that they will both come out at once, but if not, Android will get it first, but I believe RIM will make sure it will be able to be downloaded from their site anyway. Which is pretty much proven from seeing the screen shots when they ACCIDENTALLY put up the IT'S HERE screen for a minute :)
Becayse there were links to DOWNLOAD now for iOS and Android

That would be nice- clicking a link from the blackberry website to download. Why does Google let so many clearly fake/junk apps hang out on the playstore?! There's yet another bogus BBM app out there right now. I didn't download it but some did. Isn't it a copyright violation? Does Google actually have anyone working the play store? Or if you get off of the elevator for that floor/department is it literally filled with chimpanzees throwing bananas and coloring?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer