good ways to extend battery life?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
should i charge the tablet only once a day or charge it whenever i can?

should i shut down the tablet at nighttime or leave it on all the time?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just charge it whenever it's on the low side, say around 30%. Try not to let it drop too low--the device will automatically shut off to prevent the battery from going to absolute zero (which is death for a lithium battery), but even with that safety feature, the battery will continue discharging slowly until you plug it in, so there's still a risk of discharging too much.

It takes significant battery to power on a tablet and go through the boot process, so if you use your device regularly, it makes more sense not to power it down at night.

For tips on how to get more out of each battery charge, see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of, but it sounds like an interesting experiment. Care to try it and report back to us?:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i heard that when the tablet or the phone has about 10% of the battery , you need to charge it. you'd better not to charge it for all the night.

your

All modern devices have circuitry that stop charging once the battery is full, so you won't damage anything by overcharging. So it's OK to leave it plugged in overnight.

Posted via Android Central App