Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tech Question Backing folders with apps in them, and other things.

omairangel

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just got my new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile) and I am loving it. I have a couple of concerns though. I have to ask, does does anyone know of any unrooted backup apps where I can do my backups that will include backing up folders that contain my apps? I have a couple of folders that I created that contains like 35 apps inside those folders. I guess what I am asking is when I backup my apps with the folders, and I need to resstore those apps, the folders be intact, or do I have to re-create the folders and place the apps in them. I know this is easy but it is a nusance. Anyone please help.

Also, I know people have asked this question a zillion times, but I was thinking about rooting my phone. I just saw a video a week ago with the user QBKING77 showing how to root the phone in five minutes, if that. I don't work at all with ROMs. (No custom, pretty much use the same Rom). I tried to do this using my USB 3.0 cable but the computer was not recognizing my phone. I discovered I used a backward compatible USB 2.0 and it worked.

You guys are terrrific out there. Need help. Thanks...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just got my new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile) and I am loving it. I have a couple of concerns though. I have to ask, does does anyone know of any unrooted backup apps where I can do my backups that will include backing up folders that contain my apps? I have a couple of folders that I created that contains like 35 apps inside those folders. I guess what I am asking is when I backup my apps with the folders, and I need to resstore those apps, the folders be intact, or do I have to re-create the folders and place the apps in them. I know this is easy but it is a nusance. Anyone please help.

Also, I know people have asked this question a zillion times, but I was thinking about rooting my phone. I just saw a video a week ago with the user QBKING77 showing how to root the phone in five minutes, if that. I don't work at all with ROMs. (No custom, pretty much use the same Rom). I tried to do this using my USB 3.0 cable but the computer was not recognizing my phone. I discovered I used a backward compatible USB 2.0 and it worked.

You guys are terrrific out there. Need help. Thanks...
If you are referring to the folders you place on the home screen, i.e. social apps folder with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., then you need to make a backup of the launcher settings. I'm not sure that stock touchwiz (the launcher used on the Note 3) has a backup feature, so check through the settings of the device and see if there is anything to backup launcher settings. If not, consider an alternative, such as Nova Launcher, which does allow you to backup your settings including the apps in every folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty