Amy fix for this stuttering and unresponsiveness?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
No matter how many restores and cache wipes I do, I still get this unresponsiveness and stutter on my nexus 7 2013

I'm not sure if its an app or because I restored it so much. But its rather concerning. Is my device just bad? Its not a ton of unresponsiveness, but I just get quite a bit of missed presses and hitches. Is this how android is or something?

Is there any additional troubleshooting I can do?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So yeah, putting it in safe mode seems to have improved responsiveness.

So that means it must be a app doing it. But I have no clue which one it could be. The apps I download are well known and shouldn't be causing this. Should I just delete all but the essential apps and go from there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is always a tough situation. You could always uninstall apps one by one and see when the stuttering stops, but this can obviously be very tedious. I'd check the data refresh interval for all of your apps and set them all to Manual or the longest interval possible.

Last edited:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This is always a tough situation. You could always uninstall apps one by one and see when the stuttering stops, but this can obviously be very tedious. I'd check the data refresh interval for all of your apps (the present) and set them all to Manual or the longest interval possible.

How do I adjust the data refresh interval of apps? Is it in each apps settings only accessible in app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You need to open each app and check their individual settings to see if there is an option for data refresh interval.