buying used note 3 with swappa.com

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello
There is a listing for unlocked/rooted galaxy note 3 phone on swappa.com, and I am very much enticed. I wanted to know if it is OK to buy from swappa.com, and if anyone here has experience with that. Also if the listing mentioned is good enough.
thanks
ps: if this is in the wrong forum, please move to the right one.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Its probably one of the better places in my opinion. Swappa has the online IMEI checker for bad/blacklisted devices by the carrier.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have used Swappa multiple times both buying and selling phones. Better than ebay I think because Swappa checks ESNs before the device can be posted so you know you're getting a legit phone.

beardgod

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I can only post as regards the seller view point something I noticed...I had co-listed on eBay (and clearly underpriced my Note 3 since I sold both Swappa and eBay within 12 hours of listing) and the sales occurred within 1 hour of each other (eBay was first so I honored that one). I immediately refunded the funds to the Swappa buyer but the frightening thing for him (and all buyers) is that Swappa does not put any sort of hold (aka escrow) on your funds until the item is sent/received. eBay does require a hold. Then Swappa gave me a "poor" review...even though I acted quickly to get the buyer his funds and fees right back to him. They said they lost a buyer (he apparently didn't buy another phone on Swappa) and as a result I was to blame for their lost customer. Whatever, I may list again but I wouldn't buy on this site.