S24 Ultra or S24+ & Smart watch

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I do not have any friends that are even remotely tech savvy as you all are on here. So I have no where else to ask this aside from maybe the Apple/ Best Buy kids.

So I wanted to ask if it would make more sense to buy the S24 Plus & a Galaxy Smart Watch, which would about even out price wise with the total cost of an S24 Ultra. While I could swing the Ultra and the watch, I am just trying to see what some of you may have found the most use for.

I have not used my S pen in a year at least. I love knowing it is there, but....
(The S pen was super useful when my job required social media usage, but no longer work for them).
Unsure if the extra camera on the Ultra would be used much.
The titanium frame on the S24U sounds cool, but I have managed not to mangle my 5 year old Note.
So the Armor aluminum or what ever the frame is on the plus should withstand similar use over the years.

I fully understand need & want. I already ordered a S24 Ultra case because that is what I "wanted" to order. But in the last day or two, the plus & watch feels like it makes the most sense?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I do not have any friends that are even remotely tech savvy as you all are on here. So I have no where else to ask this aside from maybe the Apple/ Best Buy kids.

So I wanted to ask if it would make more sense to buy the S24 Plus & a Galaxy Smart Watch, which would about even out price wise with the total cost of an S24 Ultra. While I could swing the Ultra and the watch, I am just trying to see what some of you may have found the most use for.

I have not used my S pen in a year at least. I love knowing it is there, but....
(The S pen was super useful when my job required social media usage, but no longer work for them).
Unsure if the extra camera on the Ultra would be used much.
The titanium frame on the S24U sounds cool, but I have managed not to mangle my 5 year old Note.
So the Armor aluminum or what ever the frame is on the plus should withstand similar use over the years.

I fully understand need & want. I already ordered a S24 Ultra case because that is what I "wanted" to order. But in the last day or two, the plus & watch feels like it makes the most sense?
You already stated you do not need/use the pen hardly at all. Do you take many photos? Does having all the bells and whistles in a camera seem important to you, or are you satisfied with being able to take very good pictures in general? Titanium-tishmanium...that is a gimmick to compete with Apple!
Seems to me that the Plus model will suit your needs just fine!
I don't care about all the same things as you but I like the SQUARE looks of the Ultra WITH the flat screen...that's why I got the Ultra. I don't use any watch. YMMV

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You already stated you do not need/use the pen hardly at all. Do you take many photos? Does having all the bells and whistles in a camera seem important to you, or are you satisfied with being able to take very good pictures in general? Titanium-tishmanium...that is a gimmick to compete with Apple!
Seems to me that the Plus model will suit your needs just fine!
I don't care about all the same things as you but I like the SQUARE looks of the Ultra WITH the flat screen...that's why I got the Ultra. I don't use any watch. YMMV
The titanium frame is definitely a gimmick.

It's such a *cool* gimmick though...

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I think you can get the Ultra and add the watch for like $80 with all the accessories credit. But if you even questioning it the Plus with watch and save some cash probably makes since.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
We'll see how cool it holds up with, or without a case! There are stories of how easily this stuff can get micro-scratches even from a case "sliding" around on the sides. YMMV
It can have it's problems, but I've been wearing a titanium cased watch with a titanium bracelet for over a year and it's fine..

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the ultra but im coming from a fold 4, im done with foldables. I had the 2, 3 and 4. Seems to always give out after a year.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the ultra but im coming from a fold 4, im done with foldables. I had the 2, 3 and 4. Seems to always give out after a year.
Shhsssshhhhhh! Quiet....I have the OnePlus Open - great phone - no issues with the foldable screen. BUT...going to be selling it BEFORE something goes wrong. It's a nice idea but unless there's a major change in the materials used in foldables I honestly think they will slowly die off. I could be wrong. Time will tell.
I got the S24U also!

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Shhsssshhhhhh! Quiet....I have the OnePlus Open - great phone - no issues with the foldable screen. BUT...going to be selling it BEFORE something goes wrong. It's a nice idea but unless there's a major change in the materials used in foldables I honestly think they will slowly die off. I could be wrong. Time will tell.
I got the S24U also!
I loved the fold. Especially when i was reading any kind of article or comic or watching a movie. The problem for me was it wouldnt open completly. i didnt have the 2 or 3 long enough for it to fail outside the inner screen protector. I hope they do get better and maybe ill go back to them at some point. I was a adopter of the original note, i had every note, so i want the fold to succeed also.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think you can get the Ultra and add the watch for like $80 with all the accessories credit. But if you even questioning it the Plus with watch and save some cash probably makes since.

Much appreciate all the replies. :)

& to this point quoted, I am pre ordering the ultra / watch 6 combo.
Literally an hour after posting this thread I used the S pen (w/out thinking) to send a document & photo with notes over them. The only reason my order is not placed yet is I want to see the watches in person to see what size works. So long as the snow stops, will pop by Best Buy tomorrow.

Reactions: ClintRo

craftycarper1

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Much appreciate all the replies. :)

& to this point quoted, I am pre ordering the ultra / watch 6 combo.
Literally an hour after posting this thread I used the S pen (w/out thinking) to send a document & photo with notes over them. The only reason my order is not placed yet is I want to see the watches in person to see what size works. So long as the snow stops, will pop by Best Buy tomorrow.
Try this code at checkout to see if you can get the free watch offer- S24GW

MassiveBollocks

Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
Don't bother with Samsung smartwatches. If you really want one, you are better off buying a used one. They lose half their value the second you unbox a new Samsung watch.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung removed my watch from my order because I wanted to trade in my watch 4. When I called they said only 1 trade in per order. Hours with them on the phone (literally) and I made no progress.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
In the UK we got the Watch 6 with the Ultra as a freebie (if ordered by a certain date). The last watch I had was GW4 so I am happy with this. Battery will hopefully last longer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter