What is the best tablet size?

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a 7 inch tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 and a 8.4 inch tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and a 11.6 inch (Windows 8) tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core).

I think 7inch tablets the sceens are too small view websites and more but it is very portable.

I think around 8.4/8.9 inch is the sweet spot for tablets because the is it big enough sceen and it is very portable just like 7inch tablets.

And 10/11 inch tablets are not as portable to take around but offers big sceen to watch movies and surfing the web and do content creation/productive work.

I am not sure about 9 inch tablets because i haven't tried a 9 inch tablet.

I was wondering what is the best tablet size? everyone

Do you think 8.4/8.9 inch tablets are the sweet spot for tablets?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on you so many things can matter to a person...

1) Eyes
2) hand size
3) What do you wanna do with it? (Home work, gaming or just web surfing)
4) Are you on the go a lot? (If so then a Mobile plan based tablet might be for you. And that can narrow it down some too)
5) Budget! (This can HUGELY dumb down the list or make it into a huge list!) :p

That is just to name a few. For me personally I just got a Nexus 7 (2014) and it never really leaves the house. I have a laptop, desktop and a few phones to play with too. So for me I like the 7-8 inch tablets. Then again thats MY personal choice. I don't think anyone here can answer this for you per say but they can help ask you the right questions to get you thinking for what you want!

So let me toss the ball back into your court....Whats your interest in a tablet? How will YOU fit it into your life style?

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If there was a "best" tablet (phone, car, etc) size then manufacturer's would only build the "one" size. We all have different needs/wants and I for one am happy that we have a multitude of choices.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
8.4" Without a doubt in my opinion. I had the Nexus 7 and unless you're using it casually or to read general websites it's a pain - the Tab Pro 8.4 is simply the perfect size. The Tab Pro 10.1 was too big and felt like I was carrying a laptop which is not the experience I wanted (I wanted good business functionality with the possibility of still using it for gaming and videos).

Still, I feel like this is entirely subjective. The 10 inch tablets seem to be super popular with the professional crowd and makes me feel a bit inferior at meetings but ultimately I see people struggling to hold them well. The 8 inch form factor just makes more sense.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk