Dash Cams

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After getting hit I decided to check out a dash cam app. Dash cams are apparently very popular in Europe and Russia, is anybody else in the U. S. using them? The app I have been using is the Daily Roads app. It works except that I have to delete all of the video files after a drive if nothing happens. I can get and make phone calls and use the GPS as long as it's running in the background. And it keeps running even if I am using the phone or the GPS. It has all of the info imbeded in the video like GPS cords, date, time. The Daily Roads app seems to be the better app than the couple of other ones I have tried.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
After getting hit I decided to check out a dash cam app. Dash cams are apparently very popular in Europe and Russia, is anybody else in the U. S. using them? The app I have been using is the Daily Roads app. It works except that I have to delete all of the video files after a drive if nothing happens. I can get and make phone calls and use the GPS as long as it's running in the background. And it keeps running even if I am using the phone or the GPS. It has all of the info imbeded in the video like GPS cords, date, time. The Daily Roads app seems to be the better app than the couple of other ones I have tried.

Yeah, I've got that Daily Roads Voyager app too. But I'm afraid to use DRV – since I also very often run the Waze app – as I fear DRV is going to drain my battery even faster then it already does. My charger can't keep up with Waze as it is!

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've used Daily Roads on my spare GS4. You can set it on how much memory to use. It works well during the day but when it starts getting dark, frame rate drops dramatically to the point of being useless. I don't use it anymore. It seems all Android apps I tried do the same thing. It must be an OS limitation.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's more likely a camera limitation... dedicated dash cams are designed to function better at night.