LG G3 vs Note 3

Adam Benko

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I am about to buy a new phone. Comparing everything with everything and i think that Note 3 is still the best phone today. Yet , i still think of LG G3. What do you guys think ? Or should i go for completely different phone ?

Adam Benko

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I dont have to have the best device on the market. I can do with device that is worse by 10 % , but costs by 40% less , if not even less. Not going to buy it on contract btw.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, the G3 still feels like a phone, it's size is more akin to the s5 and m8 and I can comfortably use it with one hand... The note 4 is actually a fair about bigger and even with my large hands, I would have had to two hand it... So it depends on your expectations.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
LG G3 is great looking. Seems a bit big for my taste. But with it's specs its hard to pass up! Have you played with any of them?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, the G3 still feels like a phone, it's size is more akin to the s5 and m8 and I can comfortably use it with one hand... The note 4 is actually a fair about bigger and even with my large hands, I would have had to two hand it... So it depends on your expectations.

Completely agree. I'm impressed by what the Note 4 offers, but when I went out and compared the Note 3, S5, One M8 and G3 recently, I found the Note was just uncomfortable for me to use. Reading the specs it doesn't seem like it's that much wider than the G3, but it's just enough wider to put it outside my comfort zone. And while the G3 is wider than the S5, it almost feels smaller in the hand, I guess because of the curved back and very narrow sides. It was the most comfortable of the group for me.

Otherwise, I would wait for the Note 4. It's going to be a beast, with the best display in the business.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have fairly small hands. None of these devices is really a one-handed phone for me, but the Note was uncomfortable even two handed. For someone with larger hands, the Note might feel just fine. I think they all have a one-handed mode that shrinks the entire screen, or certain functions on the screen, too.

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about the same thing. I currently have the LG G2 but want something different enough that I can tell that I have a new phone. I was thinking about pre-ordering the Note 4 today but don't want the huge jump in edge pricing. Since the G3 and Note 3 are the same price, I'm wondering if that's the way to go.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you handle the Note before purchasing one. Even though the screen is only a little big bigger, the Note feels a LOT bigger than the G3. I found it uncomfortable and awkward. YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty