Having trouble deciding

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Went to Best Buy today to look at the s24s I can’t decide now between the s24 plus and the s24 ultra I like the s pen and how the ultra is square and has the flat screen but I also like the way the plus feels and looks I do use my phone for everything and play alot of games on my and would think the ultra would be better for that I’ve never been this torn between choosing a new phone lol

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
UM, it sounds like you already made up your mind. Lol

It’s just I rly like both comparing them side by side didn’t rly see a difference lol I will say though maybe it’s cus it’s a display but the ultra looked like the color would fade over time and looked more fragile? If that makes sense lol

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ask yourself this. Is the differences that comes with the ultra worth 300 more to you? If yes then go ultra, if not really then go with the plus.

Reactions: missy8787

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Ask yourself this. Is the differences that comes with the ultra worth 300 more to you? If yes then go ultra, if not really then go with the plus.

Thank u for putting it that way for me I’m gonna compare the 2 again maybe I should go plus lol cus I think from what I’ve seen the only difference is the s pen but also I do go through phones quick cus the batteries never last for me

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank u for putting it that way for me I’m gonna compare the 2 again maybe I should go plus lol cus I think from what I’ve seen the only difference is the s pen but also I do go through phones quick cus the batteries never last for me
Both the wife and myself went with the plus because we couldn't say the extras that came with the Ultra was worth it to us, but everyone is different.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Both the wife and myself went with the plus because we couldn't say the extras that came with the Ultra was worth it to us, but everyone is different.

One thing im worried about is battery life I have the worst luck with batteries on phones I thought doing a side by side today would have made my decision a no brainer lol

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

With the plus with a case does it feel bulky? I noticed compared to the ultra it is alittle wider the sides then the ultra

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The Screen size and battery sizes are super close. 6.7 to 6.8, 4900mah to 5000mah. That alone isn't going to make the difference. Main differences is spen and some camera features

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Went to Best Buy today to look at the s24s I can’t decide now between the s24 plus and the s24 ultra I like the s pen and how the ultra is square and has the flat screen but I also like the way the plus feels and looks I do use my phone for everything and play alot of games on my and would think the ultra would be better for that I’ve never been this torn between choosing a new phone lol
Both are great, display size is almost the same, main differences are shape, S-Pen, one extra camera and price.

So, based on that, it's just your preference and budget.

I went with the GS24 Ultra in gray (there was no white one this time and the blue was too light, I would love a TARDIS blue phone!), because I had the Note 8, 9 and 20 (great phones) so this was a no brainer, especially after a $400 off trading in my old Note 8.

Let us know what you end up getting, post pictures of it and let us know how you like it.

Sent From the TARDIS

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Both are great, display size is almost the same, main differences are shape, S-Pen, one extra camera and price.

So, based on that, it's just your preference and budget.

I went with the GS24 Ultra in gray (there was no white one this time and the blue was too light, I would love a TARDIS blue phone!), because I had the Note 8, 9 and 20 (great phones) so this was a no brainer, especially after a $400 off trading in my old Note 8.

Let us know what you end up getting, post pictures of it and let us know how you like it.

Sent From the TARDIS

I will gonna pay off my iPhone 13 Pro this week and decide on which phone to get I’m excited to get a new phone

Reactions: jtfwTX and STARGATE

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I ask myself this all the time and I still end up buying the top of the line. I currently have three dailies and honestly, I could've save the difference and got the S24+, it's not like I'm worried about battery life. I always have two phones with me, I use the other to play games (Asphalt 9, Zynga Poker or listen to Music.

My brother has the S24+, my girl has the S24 and I love them all, it depends how you use it.

The alternative is to carry a power bank or charger with you I guess.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I ask myself this all the time and I still end up buying the top of the line. I currently have three dailies and honestly, I could've save the difference and got the S24+, it's not like I'm worried about battery life. I always have two phones with me, I use the other to play games (Asphalt 9, Zynga Poker or listen to Music.

My brother has the S24+, my girl has the S24 and I love them all, it depends how you use it.

The alternative is to carry a power bank or charger with you I guess.

I use my phone for everything I don’t have a computer my phones basically my computer lol I use my phone for everything I think what’s gonna help me choose is what kind of deals T-Mobile has when I go to upgrade cus I’m gonna keep the iPhone for backup and upgrade without trading in

Reactions: Rose4uKY

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This weekend hopefully gonna be getting the ultra I no it’s a bit pricey but I miss having a square bigger screen phone I’m so excited to be getting it now for which color lol
If you are getting it from your carrier, there aren't much options, however, if you get it unlocked from Samsung, you have the same colors as your carrier, plus the 3 extra colors from Samsung.

I went with the gray color, that actually looks a bit golden... should've gone with the blue or orange...

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
My recent phones were the S21 Ultra and the S22 Ultra. This time around I thought I would like somerhing more compact. I really liked the form factor and the feel of the small S24.

But after a week I switched to the S24 Ultra. There is a difference in camera quality, sometimes subtle, but it is there, especially regarding zoom. And what I personally really hated: It is still not possible to switch lenses while recording video in 4k60, what is now possible on the Ultra model for the first time. I really don't understand why I have to decide between higher framerate/smoothness or ability to switch the zoom before starting to record on the smaller model. It's like a decision to cripple the normal S24 that You have to buy the more expensive model if You want the feature. But price would not be the main factor for me. I would pay a little more for a smaller version, but with full camera features. That's why I still own my good old Note 10 as a spare phone, there were not many differences to the bigger model.

I would also like the new display/glass technology on the smaller flagship. The anti reflecting coating really makes a difference. Together with the S pen for me the higher price of the Ultra is worth it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My recent phones were the S21 Ultra and the S22 Ultra. This time around I thought I would like somerhing more compact. I really liked the form factor and the feel of the small S24.

But after a week I switched to the S24 Ultra. There is a difference in camera quality, sometimes subtle, but it is there, especially regarding zoom. And what I personally really hated: It is still not possible to switch lenses while recording video in 4k60, what is now possible on the Ultra model for the first time. I really don't understand why I have to decide between higher framerate/smoothness or ability to switch the zoom before starting to record on the smaller model. It's like a decision to cripple the normal S24 that You have to buy the more expensive model if You want the feature. But price would not be the main factor for me. I would pay a little more for a smaller version, but with full camera features. That's why I still own my good old Note 10 as a spare phone, there were not many differences to the bigger model.

I would also like the new display/glass technology on the smaller flagship. The anti reflecting coating really makes a difference. Together with the S pen for me the higher price of the Ultra is worth it.
Congrats!
What color did you get?
Post pictures!

And yes, I agree they should have all the same features on all 3 models, that way people can decide only on the size they really want or need.

Sent From the TARDIS

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Congrats!
What color did you get?
Post pictures!

And yes, I agree they should have all the same features on all 3 models, that way people can decide only on the size they really want or need.

Sent From the TARDIS
I have the black/anthrazit colour, very beautiful. But I use the violet vegan leather case which feels very good and has a very simplistic style which I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana