Best smartphone camera

andyp714

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone I've recently decided to switch carriers and most likely looking to get a new phone. Currently have the note 3. Whole the note 3 camera is decent, I'm just looking for the best android smartphone camera for low light situations as well as just clear point and shoot pictures.Software isn't an issue for me I can live with sense, touchwiz etc.. I've been looking at z3 and note 4 but not sure yet. Just wanted to get some opinions on which phones are out there that have excellent cameras

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone I've recently decided to switch carriers and most likely looking to get a new phone. Currently have the note 3. Whole the note 3 camera is decent, I'm just looking for the best android smartphone camera for low light situations as well as just clear point and shoot pictures.Software isn't an issue for me I can live with sense, touchwiz etc.. I've been looking at z3 and note 4 but not sure yet. Just wanted to get some opinions on which phones are out there that have excellent cameras

I would say probably the LG G3 or the Note 4 that will be released any day
Maybe also the Huawei Ascend P7

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Im currently waiting for the note 4 Samsung has good cameras but the note having ois will make it easy better the g3 has a nice camera but for me the jump from the g2 to g3 were not enough.

Evo 4g, s2, note 2, HTC one, moto x, xperia z1s, g2... Asus ee tab, Samsung note 10.1, I paid mini retina

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

The Note 3 doesn't have that great of a camera IMO. My sister has one. The Nexus 5's camera is better, especially in low light.

The Note 4 is likely to be significantly better though, and the G2 and G3 both have excellent cameras as well. If I had to pick the best Android camera at the moment, I'd say the G3. But I'd have to see more Note 4 samples to be sure.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 doesn't have that great of a camera IMO. My sister has one. The Nexus 5's camera is better, especially in low light.

The Note 4 is likely to be significantly better though, and the G2 and G3 both have excellent cameras as well. If I had to pick the best Android camera at the moment, I'd say the G3. But I'd have to see more Note 4 samples to be sure.

I have a Note 3 and I think the camera is AMAZING. I have snapped some great pictures with it.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Phone Arena did a direct comparison of the Nexus 5 vs Note 3 cameras. These results are consistent with what my sister is seeing. (Click for higher res)

Nexus vs note 3 - 1.jpg

Nexus vs note 3 - 2.jpg

Nexus vs note 3 - 3.jpg

Source - Google Nexus 5 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Camera and Multimedia

She says the images look fuzzy and washed out to her. You can see it in that refrigerator picture above. Look at the lettering. Lowlight images are actually a lot worse. These images all have decent lighting. She loves the Note 3 though, just not for the camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer