Why are Qualcomm based China phones negelected in the developers Clockworkmod recovery world

Dapo Alimi

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
ello Android Central...Please i have been looking for someone to ask this question before coming across your page... PLEASE WHY IS THERE A COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT FOR QUALCOMM BASED CHINA PHONES...WHY IS MTK THE ONLY THING EVERY DEVELOPER BOTHERS ABOUT.. WHY ARE WE QUALCOMM BASED CHINA PHONES USERS SO NEGLECTED IN THE DEVELOPERS WORLD... I HAVE NOT FOUND A SINGLE SOFTWARE THAT I CAN USE TO CREATE A CWM RECOVERY FOR TECNO N3....WHY....WHY!
Iwant to create a Custom Recovery myself but i only found MTK DROID TOOLS AND CARLIV TOUCH which only support MTK.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are Developers neglecting Qualcomm Based China Phones.

Welcome to the forums. The thing to keep in mind is the developers need to have the device in hand, usually, to hack it and make sure that root works. They usually have a limited amount of money to play with.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Ask the manufacturers. CWM and TWRP are open source, so they're free to include it on their phones. They don't. (As for the N3, there's so little phone there, there probably isn't enough space for a recovery like CWM. If the phone can run Eclair without terrible lag, consider it doing well. [It's a cheap 2010 design being sold in 2015 - that's like a brand new 1950 Ford being sold today. It's worth about $15 retail - as a way to call 911 if you don't have a phone with you. They should probably donate them to battered women's shelters.])

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I'm not sure that anyone here would be able to answer your question, unless there are any developers among us. I know that there are a few so perhaps you will get an answer, but most of us are amateur Android users and enthusiasts. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Dapo Alimi

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Tecno and other MTK CHINESE PHONES are unfairly discriminated against

Hello fellow forum members, i am new to these forum....i have enjoyed the experience a bit..However,i have noticed an unhealthy and rather unsubstantiated prejudice against Tecno Android Phones and other mainstream Chinese MTK phones like OPSSON, INFINIX e.t.c. among android developers that even botherd on the irrational....These Phones may be cheaper but they are no less standard android phones than the other big names.....Thats why they are well received in Africa where i Come from
Does anyone share my view or oppose it...Please share your thoughts....and state your reasons if u oppose my postition...

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tecno and other MTK CHINESE PHONES are unfairly discriminated against

i have noticed an unhealthy and rather unsubstantiated prejudice against Tecno Android Phones and other mainstream Chinese MTK phones like OPSSON, INFINIX e.t.c. among android developers that even botherd on the irrational....These Phones may be cheaper but they are no less standard android phones than the other big names.....Thats why they are well received in Africa where i Come from
Does anyone share my view or oppose it...Please share your thoughts....and state your reasons if u oppose my postition...
Are you talking about Google developers, or Android hackers? (I know the answer) Google developers release android to various companies like the ones you mentioned and add skins (overlays) and tweak it to their liking. The support you seek comes from mostly people who don't work for Google. Stuff like official updates comes from your phone manufacturer. Stuff like custom roms/recovery, comes from people who want to do it and are passionate about it.

Google has nothing to do with your phone once a version of android is released. Perhaps choose a phone that is more "officially" supported. Otherwise wait until your provider gives updates. To be honest, africa is not considered a "hot spot" for the latest and greatest. That's why 1st world countries like US and Europe have more people developing for android than others.

Dapo Alimi

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why are Developers neglecting Qualcomm Based China Phones?

Ehm Sir...Thanks for taking out of youe time to answer my question....I do really appreciate your kind gesture....
However i have a few things to say sir considering as regards somethings said in ur response:
1. You are very right in saying that Africa isnt considered a development hotspot for android- We are more into usage than into development!!! but sir...
2. You assumed i was referring to google developers. No! I was making reference to Independent developers or android hackers as you called them.I know google has nothing to do with my phone once they really their OS to android phone manufacturing companies...

3.Also,I think you have not understood my question properly..... My question is why most android hacker developers refuse to support Main Chinese Phoned like OPSSON, INFINIX(A PHONE BRAND IN ITS OWN LEAGUE!), TECNO etc....These Phone brands are up to very acceptable standards and even sometimes could compete with the aminstream none chinese(i speak from hands on experience..These companies are not to be confused with the unscrupulous clone Making funny chinese 'Companies'....These Brands make reasonable android phones and i think should be supported by developers....The grounds for th prejudice as far as i can YET SEE is irrational.....
Please do reply sir....Maybe things are not the same at your side...I am still learning and will appreciate all reasonable responses....

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

None of those brands are sold at mainstream retail locations in most of North America or Europe. Most developers live in North America or Europe, so never have a chance to get those phones.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

What support exactly do you think you are missing out on?

Custom ROMs?
Apps?
OS updates?

What do you want developers to provide for your Android phone of choice?

Dapo Alimi

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

Thank you sir for answering.... i think its 1.CUSTOM RECOVERIES LIKE CWM AND TWRP
2. CUSTOM ROMS

Also, one of those who responded to this thread just notified me that The above mentioned Chinese Phones are not sold in Mainstream Retailer Shops in The U.S and Europe Where most Android Developers are and they therefore cant get their hands on these Phones....Please Could you affirm this sir?

Dapo Alimi

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

Thank you sir for that information...You ve opened my eyes....Thank you very much

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Yes that is correct. None of the phones you have mentioned are sold here in the US. I have never heard of those companies either.

You should check the manufacturer websites to see if they post recovery images for their devices.