How often do you replace your phone?

osallent

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had 4 phones in the last year, but I am currently extremely happy with my Sony Xperia Z3, and will probably hang on to it for at least a year.

Post made possible by Sony Xperia Z3 via the Android Central App

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
One to two years, depending on money and how well it continues to work for me. If I had unlimited income? Every couple of months so I could play with all the toys.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Usually once every year to year and a half, unless, of course, some new, "I gotta have that" model comes out.

I'm a "phone junkie", I guess, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I usually get a new phone after 1-2 years (8 phones since 02). Briefly tried going from G2 to 2014 Moto X, but came to the conclusion that G2 is a better phone. Now I'm waiting for G Flex 2.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-man

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Before getting a smart phone it was often as my phones broke alot. I upgraded to a iphone 4 and replaced it 1 year later with a 5s that i had 1 month lol that is when i got my gs3. I love it and will keep it as long as i can.

Posted via the Android Central App

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Rarely. I have too many other toys I want so I cant constantly keep upgrading my phone like some do. Not knocking those who do, just for me like I'll probably keep my Note 4 for almost 2 years.

Posted via the Android Central App

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I get a new one about every 18 months, however I did grab the Galaxy S5 off contract. Kept it about 4 months then grabbed the Note 4. I'll probably get the Note 5 when it comes out if it has some awesome features "I can't live without" though.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy/sell phones about every 2-3 months. I usually get one "brand new" flagship phone per year, usually on-contract, the rest are off of swappa (I try to wait until last year's model is under $300, then do the buy-sell game to cheaply try out different devices). Sometimes I go back to a phone I used to own if I get nostalgic. Still haven't found a perfect phone yet. I guess I'd want an unlockable bootloader 2013 Moto X with the 2014 X's internals, with the Note 3's (or Note 4's) camera.

It's my only hobby :)

In the past 12 months...
Nexus 5 (two or three times)
Note 2
Note 3 (twice)
Moto X 2013 (twice)
Moto X 2014 (pure edition on AT&T and 2 different moto-maker versions on verizon)
Droid Turbo

Oops...I guess that's 12 phones in the past year.

My wife could care less about what phone she has (other than it has to be BIG and have a pen...so a Note). So I also get my fix upgrading her phone. She's had the Note 2, 3, and 4 in the past year.

My Android sucks

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm very conservative when it comes to expensive flagship phones, I mean..
When I'm spending £500/$700's on something, I really do like to get my 'moneys worth'

No less than 24 months normally.

Balthagor

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Well I appear to be the longest so far, 4 years!

Granted, that was before I started working for a gaming company doing mobile games, so I may upgrade more often now, but I wanted to ride out paying off the phone if I could. I was down to $5 owning against the phone when I gave in and upgraded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty