>USB-C
>LG V10 video camera/features
>DAC / headphone amp of the LG V10
>Secondary screen of the V10
>Apple customer service and post-sale support

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
9900... Maybe running Android or iOS but it was the perfect size and fit nicely in one hand...

After using the BlackBerry Classic, I think I'm done with BlackBerry/physical keyboards. I still think it looks professional and sleek but that double typing was so bad.

Google Nexus 6P

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I was gonna suggest the Z5 Compact but then again, you're on Verizon

Google Nexus 6P

I'd have had the Z5c long ago if VZ carried the line. If I wasn't so reliant on their good network for work I'd move away from CDMA. It seems that a few of the phones I'm interested in are GSM.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
After using the BlackBerry Classic, I think I'm done with BlackBerry/physical keyboards. I still think it looks professional and sleek but that double typing was so bad.

Google Nexus 6P

I can't remember, did the 9900 have the double typing problem???

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember, did the 9900 have the double typing problem???

Yes, it did. But it took a lot longer for it to happen. I never had issue with the Torch 9800. The Q10 and the Classic was happening withing a week of using it. The CrackBerry forums was filled with posts about double-typing. I believe they released a software fix but it caused another issue. When users type the same key twice quickly it'll only show up once.

Google Nexus 6P

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My choice will be Nexus 5X. It's more affordable and it's perfect for ROM lovers like myself.
Unfortunately, i'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 at the moment.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My perfect phone would have:

V10 Camera
4000+ or removable battery
Note 5 screen
MXPE Design
64gb and/or micro sd slot
Stock Android

Currently I'm looking at switching back to Android from my IP 6+. Back in August, I tried the Note 5 for 3 days. Coming from an IP 5s I was used to the good battery life. Everything about the Note 5 impressed me but the battery life. Couldn't get used to the battery draining on standby. I now wish I would've given it more of a chance. So I'm now on a 6plus 64gb and am looking at several different phones. My problem is I also have to sell mine. The longer I wait the less I'll be able to sell my phone for. At the same time, the price of the phone I'm looking at will drop in price as well. I just can't seem to decide. I enjoy shooting and editing videos on my iPhone and in iMovie. That was another reason I couldn't stay with the Note 5. I've done a ton of research on video editors on android as well as which phone I'd switch back to.

First off, the only thing that comes close to iMovie is kinemaster pro but it costs $2.99 a month. Plus, I've also heard a lot of negative things about it.

Secondly, the phones I've been looking at are, in no particular order:
Nexus 6
Nexus 6p
Lg V10
Lg G4
MXPE

I've compared each phone and cannot make a decision. Price, screen, storage, software are all factors. Just when I think I've made a decision, I start looking at other phones.

Right now, my two top picks are the V10 and 6p. But they're also the two most expensive of the group. The V10 has the best camera in my opinion and totally trumps the 6p's. From what I've seen and read, that's my opinion. You're free to disagree. The other things going for it are the removable battery and expandable storage. Which, in my opinion should be standard for a phone that can shoot 4K video. I've sort of come to the conclusion that if I'm going to have to sacrifice battery life going back to Android, then I'm gonna have a removable battery in my next phone. I get anxious anytime my phone dips below 40%. The only downside I can see is the software and ui on the V10. I prefer stock android and Lg pretty much doesn't add anything useful to me on their software.

I know there's no perfect smartphone whether it's android or iOS. My obvious choice would be to have an android phone and an iPad or Mac for editing videos. But that's out of my budget. If I had a computer capable of running editing software, I'd have no problem switching back in a heartbeat.

So price is also a major concern. The Lg G4, Nexus 6 and MXPE are the low end. The G4 has the best camera and other features that V10 has, but the screen is very dim and have heard people have issues with lag and stutters. The Nexus 6 is just a huge phone and doesn't have the best camera and there's no exp storage. The MXPE has a slightly better camera but can't match LG's. It has exp storage but no removable battery.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's difficult for me to pinpoint what I want...

I either like all-buttons/full keyboard (i.e., my old Q10); or no buttons at all and full touch (i.e., my Nexus 5 and now my LG G3). I think my *dream* phone would be akin to a BlackBerry Torch: 5.5 " screen, slide-out physical keyboard but the option to go full-touch (keyboard included if wanted), with Android OS. BlackBerry form factor for sure, but I'd be interested in seeing how Android would do with a keyboard design again. Then, of course, it would come in different colours... The camera would be akin to an LG G4.

That's what I'm thinking about right now.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I either like all-buttons/full keyboard (i.e., my old Q10); or no buttons at all and full touch (i.e., my Nexus 5 and now my LG G3). I think my *dream* phone would be akin to a BlackBerry Torch: 5.5 " screen, slide-out physical keyboard but the option to go full-touch (keyboard included if wanted), with Android OS. BlackBerry form factor for sure, but I'd be interested in seeing how Android would do with a keyboard design again. Then, of course, it would come in different colours... The camera would be akin to an LG G4.

That's what I'm thinking about right now.

Isn't that a Priv???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91