The 6P/5X deserve some Pixel features

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It already seems pretty odd that as a Nexus user I'm not getting some of the software features that the successor is getting like a timely update to 7.1.

Things like the new UI, Launcher, Google Assistant should come to the last Nexus devices and become default for the sake of continuity and not giving the finger to people who bought Nexus phones in the past and don't absolutely need to upgrade a year.

I'm not saying that we should get every feature. Some exclusivity is fine but only to the extent that it doesn't mean punishing users for not upgrading after only one year (since most keep their phone for 2).

What are your thoughts?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Google is OK keeping some things exclusive to the Pixel.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Assistant will be exclusive... That's Google's high level ecosystem and they are going to want that on as many phones as they can. It'll get to the Nexus phones, it'll even come to iOS.

Any Pixel feature that doesn't require hardware will come to the 6P and 5X. Stuff that does, like Daydream, won't.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
totally different brands / product categories

Nexus = near 100% stock Android targeting enthusiasts and developers = dead, lasted 7-8 years
Pixel = Google new vision of Android (stock + customization + exclusive features) targeting high-end segment

Nexus devices are still great and can be bought for cheap now especially people selling 6P's for Pixels, I guess they served as beta-test for the Pixels in some way or another.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty