Mobile World Congress

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
It's a wonderful and beautiful device! Well, I was looking at specifically the Honor 8 versus the Zenfone 3 - they have similar specs and both intrigued me over the OnePlus - but the Honor 8 won out. Newegg had great deals on either device but I'm happy with my choice. However, it was super tough - I had to make a pro-con list!

You could definitely do what you suggested in your post - it sounds like you really want the Zoom 3, so go for it if you do! Plus, perhaps you won't like the S8 after all when it comes out (you never know, right?); so at least then you'll have a great phone already. I've heard good things about Asus - it's a reliable brand and their phone line seems to be no exception!

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Glad your loving your daily driver!

For sure Morty & I def appreciate the advice!

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Oh noes! That is definitely unfortunate!

Well, this would be a great opportunity to examine what you want most in a device: do you wait for the Zoom 3 or do you see what the other devices are like once they launch?
It was just that that was such a great price point ($400) for a top of the line camera which was #1 for me. The only flagship smartphone that I've ever had w/ a great camera was a Nexus 6p that I recently had for a couple months, but I had to return it because of battery issues :-[

I don't know?. I really don't want to wait longer for the 3 Zoom & I also would have to hope the price doesn't change w/ the upgrades? There's the option to grab the phone w/ the best camera from the phones from MWC (P10, G6, S8, Oppo)? But my thing w/ that is long term I could see myself sticking w/ the Note 8 for a few years if I get that later in the year, so it seems justifiable to buy the Zoom 3 @ $400 then sell it for $300-$250 once the Note 8 comes out, but now it's delayed & who knows about the price? Also for a more thrifty shopper like myself, buying an expensive flagship now & then the Note 8 later seems excessive. smh, I def. am not sure what to do now?

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Moderator note: I merged the AAQ thread with the one in the General Discussion to keep MWC discussion centralized.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the Android Nokias.

Oh Yes :D
I'm definitely a sucker for supporting the underdog. Been hearing a lot about buzz about the new nokia devices which is really great to see. The first device already launched is the 'Nokia 6' but its only for China at the moment. The Snapdragon 835 equipped 'P1' is the one to look at :)
Source: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk
Nokia has finally announced its first 2017 Android phone, the China-only Nokia 6, which marks its return to the mainstream mobile market. (that phone went on sale in China on 19 January, but is rumoured to be launching elsewhere including Taiwan)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Any thoughts? Device releases or release dates you're excited for?...
  1. The Blackberry KEYone
    The first one i was excited for was the Blackberry 'Mercury' now know as the KeyOne. Imagine a 4.5" inch screen with a 3,505mAh battery. Thats BIGGER than the rumoured Galaxy S8 Plus mode with a 6.2"inch screen. :D
  2. Galaxy S8 Series
    After seeing all the rumours about the new Galaxy devices, I'm sure many will be excited. Brand new design and new features is just what Samsung needs. Apple even more. Just hoping they price it correctly.
  3. Nokia Series Of Devices
    As i said in my previous comment, I'm a sucker for the underdog and I'm really rooting for Nokia. I hope they have huge success with the 'Nokia 8' or 'Nokia P1' whatever they call it. As long as the re-launched 3310 doesn't outsell it, we should be good lol :D There is also the Nokia 6,5 & 3 coming.
  4. The LG G6
    LG have been hyping this device for quite sometime now and it seems to be sharing a similar screen to that of the Galaxy S8 with rounded corners. Definitely going to be one of the contenders for the top spot.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you know for sure that you want the Note 8, maybe hold off on purchases of any kind until then! That will give you more of an opportunity to see all the other options that are out there and to therefore confirm your choice in the Note 8.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Price will probably kill the KEYONE. but it might not matter if it becomes issued equipment for government employees (and other sensitive businesses).

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
If you know for sure that you want the Note 8, maybe hold off on purchases of any kind until then! That will give you more of an opportunity to see all the other options that are out there and to therefore confirm your choice in the Note 8.

I'm going to go with your advice. I'll hold off for the time being & best case scenario I get the Zenfone 3 Zoom in a few months. I love photography so slight bummer for the time being.

Def. appreciate your advice :eek:) I owe you one haha

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go with your advice. I'll hold off for the time being & best case scenario I get the Zenfone 3 Zoom in a few months. I love photography so slight bummer for the time being.

Def. appreciate your advice :eek:) I owe you one haha

The wait will be worth it! You'll either grab the Zoom or you'll see something else that intrigues you! And it was no problem at all! :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Price will probably kill the KEYONE. but it might not matter if it becomes issued equipment for government employees (and other sensitive businesses).

The Keyone looks amazing, but I did hear that the price point is high.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I was watching the launch event and just before they were announce the price i was like 'Please be $499 or less', 'Please be $499 or less' haha :)

I'm sure around July there will be a price cut to make it $499 which makes a little more sense to me. $549 does seem a little high. Guess ill just have to wait for Black Friday and see what there is on offer :D

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
  1. The Blackberry KEYone
    The first one i was excited for was the Blackberry 'Mercury' now know as the KeyOne. Imagine a 4.5" inch screen with a 3,505mAh battery. Thats BIGGER than the rumoured Galaxy S8 Plus mode with a 6.2"inch screen. :D
  2. Galaxy S8 Series
    After seeing all the rumours about the new Galaxy devices, I'm sure many will be excited. Brand new design and new features is just what Samsung needs. Apple even more. Just hoping they price it correctly.
  3. Nokia Series Of Devices
    As i said in my previous comment, I'm a sucker for the underdog and I'm really rooting for Nokia. I hope they have huge success with the 'Nokia 8' or 'Nokia P1' whatever they call it. As long as the re-launched 3310 doesn't outsell it, we should be good lol :D There is also the Nokia 6,5 & 3 coming.
  4. The LG G6
    LG have been hyping this device for quite sometime now and it seems to be sharing a similar screen to that of the Galaxy S8 with rounded corners. Definitely going to be one of the contenders for the top spot.

Looks like we'll have to wait for the Nokia 8. I thought the 6, 5, & 3 were intriguing. There's some great phones with metal/glass bodies, fingerprint scanners & nougat (marshmallow at the least) for around $200. There's also the G5 plus, ZTE Blade V8 mini & light along with Honor 6x. Hope they all get released in the US?