Has your feelings changed about the headphone jack?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It didn't bother me when it went away with the iPhone.. still doesn't. I have a phone with one now and I haven't plugged a headset in yet. I use BT at work and in my truck.

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Slightly...

I like progression, just not by force.

Well I too though they were forcing it much like when I owned an IPhone. But the fact is they are making adapters for knowing most if not all of us have at least one wired set of headphones. So I don't see any reason why any Android can't do the same.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No. If anything I now more than ever MUST HAVE a wired headphone jack.

I use my phone for business and am on conference calls for 1-2 hours every day. I have bluetooth headphones and I hate them for these reasons:

>1-2 more batteries to manage every evening
>sync-ing up with BT is a pain
>reliability is hit or miss... dropped signals etc.

I will ALWAYS prefer to have the OPTIONAL CHOICE (!!!) to use a wired headphone connection.

For me BT is an engineering solution to a "problem" that really doesn't exist.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My feelings haven't changed. I still prefer headphone jacks. I don't like Bluetooth headphones and don't want to carry dongles.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Ditto, the extra batteries is an issue for me. And having any radio on will drain device battery faster...
Plus I like my plugin earbuds... :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't bother me. I have a Moto Z Force Droid. Prior to this phone, I listened to audio over Bluetooth most, if not all the time.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope, has not changed 1 bit. I want the 3.5mm jack up until BT Audio can get to the best levels of Wired, until then, miss me with that 3.5mm jack removal BS.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I want a head phone jack on my phone, I'll live without it if I need to one day but while I have options, it's a feature I want. I have several good pairs of head phones and I still use a regular AUX cord in my car.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! When Apple started doing it, I was shocked and a little... Perturbed? Or thinking that they were doing something stupid, to be honest. But after seeing how great HTC is with their audio headsets and how easily one can still have a great listening experience, it doesn't bother me anymore. As long as I have my adapters, I'm good!

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It is a partial deal breaker for me because USB-C audio doesn't have a standard. I have a cheap USB-C headphones I've tested with my 950XL, Mi Note 2 and the V20. With the WP and more importantly the Mi Note 2, it was plug and play. With the V20, you had to manually select the audio option - not convenient.

I don't mind killing the jack, but USB-C audio isn't ready for primetime without a set standard and headphone options being sparse. Not everyone wants to use BT headphones and they do die. To me, it doesn't make sense without a situation where you lack a standard profile. OEMs should be allowed to have custom headphones working with their phones (in a profile) but you shouldn't be tied to a dongle that's hard to buy if you lose it.

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
My biggest issue is the difference between Android and apple implementation. 3.5mm is a standard. Without that I have to have USB c headphones. My wife's lightning headphones won't work

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I still want headphone jacks. It's more of my feelings have changed for headphones. I went through 3 warranty replacements the past 2mos for my headset since the mic kept on dying (but the ear pieces were fine).

Next headset I'm getting will be ones that has detachable 3.5mm cords with BT option.

Sheamartin

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I love my bluetooth headsets and I use a bluetooth transmitter in my older car. But when it dies yesterday, I pulled out the old one that went into the headphone jack and I always carry an extra set of headphones for when I'm hiking. As long as they fit an adapter I'd be fine. But if not, I wouldn't be a fan.