What is the Best Android Phone under $200?

What is the Best Android Phone under $200?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was reading this article from Daniel about the best Android phones available under $200 (the Honor 6X just had a price drop to $199.99 - sweet). This got me thinking... Hey, I should start a poll!

What do you think? If you had to choose one, which one would you select, and why??

Vote in the poll above share your feedback below!

mindtesterapp

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
How do the cameras in these cheaper phones compare to some of the newer devices coming out the industry standard? I like to do mobile photography and photo editing when I'm out and about.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How do the cameras in these cheaper phones compare to some of the newer devices coming out the industry standard? I like to do mobile photography and photo editing when I'm out and about.

Camera performance is probably the one place where the top level still clearly outperforms. But the mid-range has started to close that gap (quickly)... the low range, like the sub-$200 group? They are not going to satisfy the mobile shutterbug.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Moto E4 Plus last week and I love it. I've mostly used flagships, but other than the camera (which isn't good, but also isn't as bad as you'd expect) and the 720 screen, the phone is great. Fast, reliable, nearly stock Android, and epic battery life.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd go for the Moto E4, since Moto's UI is pretty close to "stock" Android, and they tend to have less bloatware than other manufacturers.

Honor phones look good on paper to me, but my experience with the Honor 5X has not been good. It's slow and laggy, and Huawei tinkers too much with the system (primarily in terms of aggressive RAM management). They also hardly supported it with updates.

Blu and ZTE have been dogged by concerns about spyware being preinstalled on their devices.

LG is a good company, but their budget/midrange phones seem to have some quality issues, judging by posts on the forum. Bootloops seem to run in their family.

Gweeper64

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Last year's pick, the ZTE Axon 7 Mini still deserves a place on this list. It is still a great phone for $199 and under. Running Nougat 7.1.1 these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo