I am glad that Flagships are removing the headphone jack and adding a notch.

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Hear me out! A couple years ago in order to get a good experience you needed to purchase an Android Flagship or an IPhone, essentially paying over $600. Today even budget phones are capable with good displays, good amount of RAM and storage options (4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage), decent cameras, good build quality, headphone jack, etc. Think of phone like the MI A1, the Moto G 5Plus, or the Honor 7X (or the slightly better Huawei Mate SE!)

With Flagships adding notches to phones and removing headphone jacks people aren't so happy about the upcoming Flagships coming up. I see several comments about "I hate the notch!" or "I'm never buying a phone without a headphone jack!" And I agree, me as well!!

Now I fully acknowledge the general public probably doesn't care about these things and that's fine! But for tech enthusiasts who loved how things were this is a bad move. Sure dongles can give us the privilege of using wired headphones and notches can apparently be "hidden" now but these are work around for things we never wanted!!

I say all this to say that Flagships, the holy grail of phones today, have forced me to go Midrange/budget phones. And I'm enjoying it... Sure I probably will have a no NFC, no major updates, no wireless charging, underwhelming camera experience, but I'm willing to risk all that if it means a notchless phone and the beloved headphone jack.

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You made me laugh out loud! ☺
"...but I'm willing to risk all that if it means a notchless phone and the beloved headphone jack."
Truth!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
BT I can live with (haven't actually used the headphone jack in years), but the notch would annoy me. However, it annoys me less than missing features or crappy ones. #neversettle

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do agree with you: midrange is awesome. The midrange market has been booming in recent years; and nowadays you don't need a $1000 phone to take good pictures, have a good screen, or to have enough storage space. What kind of phone are you using right now, OP?

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree OP. A £300 phone does all I need it to achieve. I would never shell out more. But if you've got more cash than you know what to do with, why not waist it on an over priced flagship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez