Annoyed by thermal throttling? Here's how to fix it for good!

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
It is not snake oil. I was running AnTuTu 3Dbench 6.1.1 (my favorite version BTW). Normally FPS cuts in half after 2 or 3 runs. With this it stayed relatively stable at full speed or near full speed with a fluctuation of only 1-2FPS no matter how many times I ran it. Also, scrolling through video in my favorite video trimming app feels smoother and looking at CPU speed you can clearly see it is using higher speeds more! After the video was recorded I put the fan closer to the tablet to further improve cooling. I wish I had a better adapter instead of my puny 1200mA (14.4W when set to 12V for the fan) universal adapter since the fan needs 36W to run at max speed.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
If you want extreme cooling, keep it in front of an AC vent.
First off, I only need this when doing extremely heavy stuff for extended periods of time (will definitely have to test to see if Bochs emulator runs WinXP any faster...), and secondly my aircon is attached high up close to the ceiling (I live in Europe). Aside from not needing to use this on a regular basis, I'm a bit afraid my puny 1200mA power adapter might blow up if I use this too much :(