"Enable Googe Assistant" Option in Google App settings

tino768

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_20170316-153849.jpg

Hi! It's been a couple weeks since I heard that Google was going to be pushing out Google Assistant to all eligible phones. My phone is eligible but I haven't received it yet. I had heard that it just arrives on people's phones and they found out they had it by having it pop up when they held down their home button. So, I decided to be patient, periodically checking to see if I had it by holding down MY home button. A couple weeks have passed and nothing. so I check my settings to see if I had he latest version thinking maybe that was the problem. Then I noticed an "Enable Google Assistant" option at the top of the menu listings. So, I'm curious. Do some people get Google Assistant automatically, while others enable it through the menu?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? On all of my phones (Nexus 6P, ASUS Zenfone 2, Nexus 5, Honor 5X), it came up on its own when pressing and holding Home.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was your Google Now On Tap turned on before all of this? Maybe that influences it. Perhaps if On Tap was already enabled, then pressing and holding the Home button would prompt the user when Assistant became available. But if On Tap was disabled, then you'd have to go to the settings to enable Assistant.