I’ve been struggling with this lately my chromecast is version3 but in my country doesn’t come with google tv...
    The problem is when I use the cast option the volume is so quiet even after the TV’s and phone volume is at 100%.
    But when I use the mirroring option is like the chromecast uses all the tv volume and sounds normal.
    Do you know if there’s is a way to fix this?
    01-26-2022 02:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you're casting, check to see if there's a separate volume control embedded in the app on the phone (e.g., tap on the video screen on the phone and see if there's a speaker icon -- if there is , make sure that volume is also cranked up).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    01-26-2022 09:31 PM
    01-26-2022 09:41 PM
    Make sure media volume up
    Yeah that is the weird part the volume on the cellphone is all the way up as well the bar that appears for example in netflix but it sounds preetty quiet. but when i tap on mirroring the sond is the soud that the tv has really loud bt no with the cast functionality
    01-26-2022 10:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you're casting, check to see if there's a separate volume control embedded in the app on the phone (e.g., tap on the video screen on the phone and see if there's a speaker icon -- if there is , make sure that volume is also cranked up).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Yeah that is the weird part the volume on the cellphone is all the way up as well the bar that appears for example in netflix but it sounds preetty quiet. but when i tap on mirroring the screen the sound is the sound that the tv has really loud but no with the cast functionality
    01-26-2022 10:02 PM
    Yeah that is the weird part the volume on the cellphone is all the way up as well the bar that appears for example in netflix but it sounds preetty quiet. but when i tap on mirroring the screen the sound is the sound that the tv has really loud but no with the cast functionality
    Hi welcome to AC!
    Which phone your using?
    01-26-2022 10:02 PM
    Hi welcome to AC!
    Which phone your using?
    I’ve tried with iPhone XR SAMSUNG J7 and a laptop dell with windows 10 and the same for all of them. Do you think is normal I mean sounds a lot louder when mirroring the screen but it’s uncomfortable because I can’t use the device
    01-26-2022 10:29 PM
    Do you have any equalizers turned on? If so, try turning them off.
    01-26-2022 11:04 PM
    When you screen mirror is that using an app built into the TV?

I am thinking there is an issue with the HDMI port on the Chromecast that is affecting the sound volume. Sometimes when hdmi's are not working properly it can mean that the signal from the device to the port is degraded somewhat. How old is this dongle? Can it be taken back and exchanged for a new one?
    01-26-2022 11:11 PM
    When you screen mirror is that using an app built into the TV?

I am thinking there is an issue with the HDMI port on the Chromecast that is affecting the sound volume. Sometimes when hdmi's are not working properly it can mean that the signal from the device to the port is degraded somewhat. How old is this dongle? Can it be taken back and exchanged for a new one?
    Mmm the thing is that when screen mirroring is using the chromecast with the google home application is something very weird
    01-26-2022 11:26 PM
    I’ve tried with iPhone XR SAMSUNG J7 and a laptop dell with windows 10 and the same for all of them. Do you think is normal I mean sounds a lot louder when mirroring the screen but it’s uncomfortable because I can’t use the device
    When your casting is it only one app volume low or more ?
    neifercoto likes this.
    01-26-2022 11:43 PM
    When your casting is it only one app volume low or more ?
    All of them literally
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-27-2022 07:48 AM
    Do you have any equalizers turned on? If so, try turning them off.

Noup i checked and no but when i mirror somehow the volume is stronger
    01-27-2022 07:49 AM
    All of them literally
    You casting through Google home app or in the apps themselves?
    01-27-2022 07:53 AM
    Are you able to check what audio format the TV thinks it is processing in the two cases? This can have an effect on the perceived loudness.
    01-27-2022 01:01 PM
    Are you able to check what audio format the TV thinks it is processing in the two cases? This can have an effect on the perceived loudness.
    I haven’t How can i do that?
    01-27-2022 04:21 PM
    Noup i checked and no but when i mirror somehow the volume is stronger
    Welcome to the forums. You can try this, open the Goggle Home app, select the Chromecast device and make sure that the volume slider is set to 100%.

Better trying this while you are using that device.

Why the volume is weaker when casting and stronger when mirroring-screenshot_20220127-192725.jpg
    01-27-2022 04:30 PM
    Welcome to the forums. You can try this, open the Goggle Home app, select the Chromecast device and make sure that the volume slider is set to 100%.

Better trying this while you are using that device.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220127-192725.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	340809
    Thanks but the same I even tried other devices in the hdmi port and sounds good this is so weird
    01-27-2022 04:54 PM
    Thanks but the same I even tried other devices in the hdmi port and sounds good this is so weird
    Yup, weird. You could factory reset the Chromecast device, set it up again and see if it makes any difference. I'm not sure about the 3 but in previous models you could do that holding the tiny button on the edge for 10-20 seconds.
    01-27-2022 04:57 PM
    Oh, wait, I remembered something. Some TV sets have problems with the surround settings for Netflix and similar apps. Open the Home app, select the device, tap the cog icon top right, select Audio and select Stereo only. Long shot but worth a try.

Why the volume is weaker when casting and stronger when mirroring-screenshot_20220127-195842.jpg
    neifercoto likes this.
    01-27-2022 05:02 PM
    I usually cast from that individual app no issues
    01-27-2022 05:25 PM
    I haven’t How can i do that?
    As someone above suggested try looking in the TV audio setting and set it to stereo / non-surround.
    01-28-2022 04:44 AM
    As someone above suggested try looking in the TV audio setting and set it to stereo / non-surround.
    Already did it maybe something is wrong with the chromecast even though screen mirroring sounds great.
    01-28-2022 08:05 AM
    Oh, wait, I remembered something. Some TV sets have problems with the surround settings for Netflix and similar apps. Open the Home app, select the device, tap the cog icon top right, select Audio and select Stereo only. Long shot but worth a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220127-195842.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	340811
    Thanks, but unfortunately same thing
    01-28-2022 08:06 AM
    Thanks, but unfortunately same thing
    Ugh. Not sure what else to suggest short of the reset I mentioned before. Sorry.
    neifercoto likes this.
    01-28-2022 08:49 AM