Why the volume is weaker when casting and stronger when mirroring

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I’ve been struggling with this lately my chromecast is version3 but in my country doesn’t come with google tv...
The problem is when I use the cast option the volume is so quiet even after the TV’s and phone volume is at 100%.
But when I use the mirroring option is like the chromecast uses all the tv volume and sounds normal.
Do you know if there’s is a way to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you're casting, check to see if there's a separate volume control embedded in the app on the phone (e.g., tap on the video screen on the phone and see if there's a speaker icon -- if there is , make sure that volume is also cranked up).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

neifercoto

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
Make sure media volume up

Yeah that is the weird part the volume on the cellphone is all the way up as well the bar that appears for example in netflix but it sounds preetty quiet. but when i tap on mirroring the sond is the soud that the tv has really loud bt no with the cast functionality

neifercoto

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you're casting, check to see if there's a separate volume control embedded in the app on the phone (e.g., tap on the video screen on the phone and see if there's a speaker icon -- if there is , make sure that volume is also cranked up).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Yeah that is the weird part the volume on the cellphone is all the way up as well the bar that appears for example in netflix but it sounds preetty quiet. but when i tap on mirroring the screen the sound is the sound that the tv has really loud but no with the cast functionality

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that is the weird part the volume on the cellphone is all the way up as well the bar that appears for example in netflix but it sounds preetty quiet. but when i tap on mirroring the screen the sound is the sound that the tv has really loud but no with the cast functionality
Hi welcome to AC!
Which phone your using?

neifercoto

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi welcome to AC!
Which phone your using?

I’ve tried with iPhone XR SAMSUNG J7 and a laptop dell with windows 10 and the same for all of them. Do you think is normal I mean sounds a lot louder when mirroring the screen but it’s uncomfortable because I can’t use the device

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
When you screen mirror is that using an app built into the TV?

I am thinking there is an issue with the HDMI port on the Chromecast that is affecting the sound volume. Sometimes when hdmi's are not working properly it can mean that the signal from the device to the port is degraded somewhat. How old is this dongle? Can it be taken back and exchanged for a new one?

neifercoto

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
When you screen mirror is that using an app built into the TV?

I am thinking there is an issue with the HDMI port on the Chromecast that is affecting the sound volume. Sometimes when hdmi's are not working properly it can mean that the signal from the device to the port is degraded somewhat. How old is this dongle? Can it be taken back and exchanged for a new one?

Mmm the thing is that when screen mirroring is using the chromecast with the google home application is something very weird

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I’ve tried with iPhone XR SAMSUNG J7 and a laptop dell with windows 10 and the same for all of them. Do you think is normal I mean sounds a lot louder when mirroring the screen but it’s uncomfortable because I can’t use the device
When your casting is it only one app volume low or more ?

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Are you able to check what audio format the TV thinks it is processing in the two cases? This can have an effect on the perceived loudness.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Noup i checked and no but when i mirror somehow the volume is stronger
Welcome to the forums. You can try this, open the Goggle Home app, select the Chromecast device and make sure that the volume slider is set to 100%.

Better trying this while you are using that device.

Screenshot_20220127-192725.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but the same I even tried other devices in the hdmi port and sounds good this is so weird
Yup, weird. You could factory reset the Chromecast device, set it up again and see if it makes any difference. I'm not sure about the 3 but in previous models you could do that holding the tiny button on the edge for 10-20 seconds.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh, wait, I remembered something. :) Some TV sets have problems with the surround settings for Netflix and similar apps. Open the Home app, select the device, tap the cog icon top right, select Audio and select Stereo only. Long shot but worth a try.

Screenshot_20220127-195842.jpg