Chromecast supporting app wishlist

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, TuneIn would be awesome. Ditto for IHeartRadio. Even though I don't care much for Clear Channel, there are some stations on their app that TuneIn doesn't have.

Crackle would be another good addition.

And I would absolutely love it if Mummybox would make a return via Chromecast. That was an amazing service.

Posted via Android Central App

Jabreky

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Kamin hit the nail right on the head: TuneIn Radio!!! TuneIn Radio on Chromecast would be a major win for everybody involved. It would be a major win for Google; it would be a major win for TuneIn; it would be a major win for radio stations; and it would be a major win for consumers. I hope somebody at Google or TuneIn is reading this thread.
Since writing that post, I have discovered the following: Google is a part owner of TuneIn; and TuneIn's CFO moved to TuneIn from Google. So I guess it's a pretty good prediction that TuneIn Radio will be on Chromecast in the not-too-distant future. As a big TuneIn fan, I'm looking forward to it.

Reference:
http://mercurynews.com/ci_23343487

Jabreky

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Since writing that post, I have discovered the following: Google is a part owner of TuneIn; and TuneIn's CFO moved to TuneIn from Google. So I guess it's a pretty good prediction that TuneIn Radio will be on Chromecast in the not-too-distant future. As a big TuneIn fan, I'm looking forward to it.

Reference:
http://mercurynews.com/ci_23343487
WTF! This forum is blocking non-members from using the link I posted under "Reference" in the post copied above. That sort of blocking is ridiculous and annoying. My link was for a San Jose Mercury News article. If you are a non-member, you can find it by Googling this string (which is the title of the article):

"TuneIn: Google Ventures among those pouring $25M into Palo Alto radio service"

Note to forum administrator: This is a pain for non-members because they can not simply click a link, and it is a pain for me because I have to waste my time posting this work-around for non-members. If it is your goal to make people no longer want to use your forum, this is a great way to do that.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see an app that allows for Chrome browser on smartphones and tablets to cast tabs on TV. Also, the ability to cast any app you choose, especially games. Granted, these wish items will probably be provided via an indie developer.

J

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see an app that allows for Chrome browser on smartphones and tablets to cast tabs on TV. Also, the ability to cast any app you choose, especially games. Granted, these wish items will probably be provided via an indie developer.

J

I can't believe it took until comment #28 before someone wished that the mobile Chrome browser could stream to the Chromecast.

Sot Day

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Chrome app that sends video to chromecast and audio stream to device or devices in local network for all chrome approved apps

Posted via Android Central App

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Prime and MX would be mine. I can cast prime movies by disabling Silverlight but wish it could cast them without that. Then again I wish Amazon would let Android users watch from tablets purge than Fires.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk