Remote control for Chrome browser casting?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have my chromecast installed on my bedroom TV (have Google TV in the den) but my desktop is in the den. I'd like to cast from the desktop to the den, but I'm not sure if there is a way to control the video once I get to the bedroom?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Any android (2.2 or above), IOs (? or above) or laptop will do it

Thanks for the reply, but I am talking about casting using the chrome browser tab.

Let me give an example... Let's say I want to cast hulu from my desktop to my bedroom TV. I pull up hulu on my chrome browser, play a video, and cast it to my chromecast on my bedroom TV. Then I run to the bedroom to watch the video. What happens if I want to pause the video, or watch a different video on hulu? Do I have to go back to the desktop in the den and control it there? It would be great if I could take control of the chromecast controls from my phone/tablet.

ras.cal

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem is when you cast to your TV from the browser there is no cursor icon. So you would have to go back unless you use a wireless mouse and hope that the cursor didn't get moved from the play/pause button.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem is when you cast to your TV from the browser there is no cursor icon. So you would have to go back unless you use a wireless mouse and hope that the cursor didn't get moved from the play/pause button.

Ok. This is what I was afraid of. Yeah, it would be great if there was an app of some description that would take over the video controls of a browser tab cast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty