Chromecast at best buy

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess i don't get the Chromecast thing. I see it would be useful if you don't have a Roku, AppleTV or smart TV -- which I am sure is still a large chunk of the population -- but I bet most of you guys on here already have at least one of those. The only exception being Roku, which doesn't have YouTube.

It doesn't appear that the CC can mirror or extend your desktop or tablet screen, only Netflix, Youtube or Google Play movies. Is that right? What else is it capable of casting?

With AppleTV, it will mirror your screen or connect to your iOS devices to show pictures or movies taken on your phone. Can CC do that, but natively for Android devices? That would be worthwhile for my wife's Note 2.

With Roku, you can access many more channels, like Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and many others. Can CC do it, or is it planned for the future?

I am not trying to threadcrap at all, I'm just curious how you guys are using these. If I already have AppleTV and Roku, would there be any additional functionality to buying a CC?

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess i don't get the Chromecast thing. I see it would be useful if you don't have a Roku, AppleTV or smart TV -- which I am sure is still a large chunk of the population -- but I bet most of you guys on here already have at least one of those. The only exception being Roku, which doesn't have YouTube.

It doesn't appear that the CC can mirror or extend your desktop or tablet screen, only Netflix, Youtube or Google Play movies. Is that right? What else is it capable of casting?

With AppleTV, it will mirror your screen or connect to your iOS devices to show pictures or movies taken on your phone. Can CC do that, but natively for Android devices? That would be worthwhile for my wife's Note 2.

With Roku, you can access many more channels, like Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and many others. Can CC do it, or is it planned for the future?

I am not trying to threadcrap at all, I'm just curious how you guys are using these. If I already have AppleTV and Roku, would there be any additional functionality to buying a CC?
You're correct....you're not miss much here with CC if you already have AppleTV and Roku.

However, it's cheaper then any of those you already have so why not get it and wait for the future for this device.:cool:

gdwooden

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
You're correct....you're not miss much here with CC if you already have AppleTV and Roku.

However, it's cheaper then any of those you already have so why not get it and wait for the future for this device.:cool:

I get Pandora and my free Hulu account on mine plus the Netflic and YouTube.
All this for only $35.
Guy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024