Couldn't play the track you requested

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Each time I use my Chromecast to stream music to my TV I get the "couldn't play the track you requested" after about an hour. This occurs not matter what track I try (even if they have never been pinned) or device. This has occurred with my Xoom and RAZR M.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. I'll test this tomorrow when my daughter isn't sleeping and get back to you with my results. I'll try from a HTC One and Galaxy Tab 10.1.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Thank you!

It is quite odd. I was doing some searching and found some indicator that a small number of people have this issue.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

It is quite odd. I was doing some searching and found some indicator that a small number of people have this issue.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.

Still going to be awhile before I can try to test it. Anybody else have some feedback for OP?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I haven't trouble shot it yet but I can attest that I played Google Music through my TV [from Nexus 10] for most of the day a few weeks ago while painting my Kitchen. I did not experiance the any couldn't play track issue.

In my experiance using Google music when I do get a "couldn't play the track you requested" type message it usually occurs at a spot on my coommute notorious for messing up hand offs between cell towers.

nmoira

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
My router's wifi occasionally got gummed up with the Chromecast on, whether or not I was using it. I'm trying 3rd party firmware and so far, so good. When this happened while playing Google Music, my phone wouldn't recognize it was no longer communicating with the Chromecast and gave me the same error message. Powering off the router was a temporary fix.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
My router's wifi occasionally got gummed up with the Chromecast on, whether or not I was using it. I'm trying 3rd party firmware and so far, so good. When this happened while playing Google Music, my phone wouldn't recognize it was no longer communicating with the Chromecast and gave me the same error message. Powering off the router was a temporary fix.

Definitely something to explore. Still have been unable to do any testing, sorry folks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11