No Power Unit supplied wih Chromecast from Zavvi (UK) ...

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi team,

Seen the post on the AC app saying Zavvi had taken stock of some Google Chromecast, so I jumped on the chance to pick one up here in the UK.

It arrived today however after opening it up (it was sealed no one has tampered with it) there is no power unit?!.... WTF.

Its okay for my TV upstairs but my older TV downstairs does not have a built in USB port.

How can they sell this to the UK market without supplying any power adapter. I thought I was loosing my mind kept opening the small box looking on the floor thinking I some how lost it but I've since done a Google image search and I can not find one picture of the chromecast with a 3 point plug.

I wouldn't have bothered if they had gave me the US adapter, I get that, its still a US only product but to completely remove it?..

On a side note, using my Nexus 7 wall charger and its working.

Anyone else heard or seen of this problem?!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
it is sold everywhere like that. you need to supply your own microUSB charger.

It says right in the Play Store that it comes with a power adapter and mine came with one as well. Sounds like the poster just got a bad box.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Something seems fishy, I have 2, one bought from Amazon, the second from Best Buy and both came with the USB cable and power adapter.

Recheck the packaging or check back with the retailer and confirm that there was no fine print

Sent From "The Beast"

hiya1987

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from amazon uk and only got the the lead and no plug I assume that is because it hasn't been officially released in the uk by Google and zavvi and amazon are importing hence it being more expensive than the us

DouglasBr

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine has just arrived with a US power adapter. I need to mains power it as my TV doesnt have a USB. What do you mean my a micro USB charger? Can I use a spare Apple charger with a USB outlet? Or a travel adapter to allow a us device to be plugged into UK power socket? Im worried about the different power levels in US and UK.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you're in the UK, the device will be an import. Google haven't released it to the UK, and may not do - although they are now offering the app on the UK Play store.

The US power adapter will simply convert the mains voltage to USB, so buy a UK to USB plug and you'll be fine. Personally, I'd try and match power output to Chromecast's requirements. The US adapter should state its output. Just use the same but with the normal 3 pin UK input.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19