Google Home Hub and Google home - unable to give me commute to work

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
For the past days now, when I ask my Google Home Hub or Google home about my commute to work, it comes back saying that I need to sign into my Google Home account to set up and/or use a phone. My work address is set. Is this a new bug? Anyone else experiencing this problem? It was working flawlessly before, but just recently it stopped working.

Thank you

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Google Home Hub and Google home - unable to give me commute to work - UPDATED and SOLVED

For the past days now, when I ask my Google Home Hub or Google home about my commute to work, it comes back saying that I need to sign into my Google Home account to set up and/or use a phone. My work address is set. Is this a new bug? Anyone else experiencing this problem? It was working flawlessly before, but just recently it stopped working.

Thank you

I was able to solve this issue. Google support was no help as i was able to solve the issue on my own, right before they wanted me to factory restore things.. argh

So if anyone is having issues where saying "commute to work" on either google home devices or from google assistant, and it either says cannot help with that or it pulls up search results instead of your actual work commute traffic and location, here is the solution. I suspect it had to do with the newest google maps update, because this was working for me before the update.

In my work commute settings in google maps, it has always been the address of my work. I decided to clear that and use the actual name of my work (I work at a school), as suggested by google. Once the work commute was changed from an address to the name of my work place, everything started to work again. When I ask my google assistant my commute to work, it now pulls up the map, shows the traffic, and time it will take. Same results on my google home hub.

It could have been a bug in google map latest update.

Hope this helps others if they are experiencing the same issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo