Google Home and YouTube Music Issues

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Anyone else having problems getting Google Assistant on Home devices to play YouTube Music? When I ask Assistant to play music, it repeatedly tries to cast to a networked display (i.e. "playing YouTube on kitchen TV"). No matter what I do, or what settings I change, I can't get it to play from YT Music on any speaker. This issue started about a week ago, but before that, no problems.

If I manually cast from my phone to a specific speaker it works fine.

I have contacted support twice, and have and active ticket, but no resolution yet. I had one rep tell me it's an issue with the migration from Play Music to YT Music.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Google Home forum for more specific traffic. (If you have a different Google Home speaker like the Mini or Max, I can move it there instead, or also move it to the Nest forum instead -- there's no broad Google Home forum.)

In your Google Assistant settings under Music, you have YouTube Music set as your default, right?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard