Podcasts on YouTube Music?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've tried to listen to podcasts on YouTube Music, but the biggest drawback for me is that I can't pause a podcast, go to listen to music for a while, then go back to the podcast to pick it up where I left it. Maybe there's something I'm missing? I'm back to using Google Podcasts, but know that'll end for me come the start of April.

Ideally I'd love to have a playlist, similar to what I used in Google Podcasts, and when I finished a podcast, it would delete the file and remove it from the playlist. Any ideas?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to listen to podcasts on YouTube Music, but the biggest drawback for me is that I can't pause a podcast, go to listen to music for a while, then go back to the podcast to pick it up where I left it. Maybe there's something I'm missing? I'm back to using Google Podcasts, but know that'll end for me come the start of April.

Ideally I'd love to have a playlist, similar to what I used in Google Podcasts, and when I finished a podcast, it would delete the file and remove it from the playlist. Any ideas?
Amazon Music lets you pause your podcast, and then pick-up right where you left off next time you return.
As for deleting the file, Amazon Music hasn't been doing that for me, but I've never put a podcast in a playlist, so not sure about that.
And I don't know if that's a choice in their settings, as I have yet to peruse them.

I haven't used Google podcasts, but have used TuneIn for approx 13~14 years—since back when you could record anything with the free version; those were the days! 🙁 ... I shouldn'ta oughtn'ta ever sold that iPhone 3GS ! 🫤 — and it seems like some podcasts on TuneIn do pause, but others don't, depending on the producers of the podcast, or the type &c. But I hate TuneIn. 🤬

Last edited:

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Been using Pocket Casts for many years now.

Tried a few alternatives but nothing really compared. Google Podcasts was awful and I won't allow YT Music anywhere near my phone.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Been using Pocket Casts for many years now.

Tried a few alternatives but nothing really compared. Google Podcasts was awful and I won't allow YT Music anywhere near my phone.
I converted from Google Play Music to YouTube Music when GPM was discontinued, and I hear you, hate how Google goes all in on something until they don't. But I'm ok with the thought of podcasts and music coexisting in one app, as long as the app does what I want with podcasts. I would use Pocket Casts, but there's one podcast that I have signed up for premium access (no ads), and I have to connect it via an RSS feed. It works with Google Podcasts, but not Pocket Casts. I've been told the podcast is working on getting access via another podcast app once Google Podcasts goes away, and I sure hope it's Pocket Casts rather than YTM.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just an update. I've moved back to Pocket Casts, it works perfectly for every podcast I have with the exception of one that I subscribed to in order to avoid ads. I just listen to that one directly from the website. The only disadvantage is that I can't listen on Android Auto. And maybe there is a way I could cast it from my phone to Android Auto, but I just haven't figured that out yet.

I've used Pocket Casts for years, it's never let me down. I wish YTM could get the hint, because I'd really prefer to use only one app rather than two.

RIP, Google Podcasts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000