Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Hi
    Went out tonight and bought chromecast thanking I would be able to say ok google turn on my TV. To my google home unit then I would be able to say ok google Open up Netflix and it would it does not do this. The chromecast set up was successful on my Samsung Smart TV
    12-29-2016 10:39 PM
    You still have to tell Chromecast to mirror to the TV you want.
    12-29-2016 10:52 PM
    Hi Rukbat sorry how would I do that with in google home app ?
    12-29-2016 10:59 PM
    Hi
    Went out tonight and bought chromecast thanking I would be able to say ok google turn on my TV. To my google home unit then I would be able to say ok google Open up Netflix and it would it does not do this. The chromecast set up was successful on my Samsung Smart TV
    That's not how Chromecast works. You don't "open" any apps. You send applets to it with content. Say, "OK google, play stranger things on TV". If it's something not exclusive to Netflix say, "OK google, play family guy, on Netflix, on TV"

Hope that helps.
    12-29-2016 11:23 PM
    Hi Richard Servello ok thank you I will give that a try hope that will work for me
    12-29-2016 11:28 PM
    If you have more than one Chromecast instead of saying TV say it's name. I have living room, and bedroom.
    12-29-2016 11:32 PM
    Hi
    If you turn on CEC control on your TV then, with the TV off, you should be able to say "Ok Google" Play Stranger Things on TV and the Chromecast should trigger your TV to power on to that input. I do not have a Chromecast, I have a Vizio P with builtin Chromecast. But I have read in other forums of people accomplishing what I just explained

Edit: Just wanted to note, this will only work if your TV's USB ports stay powered on while the TV is off. If they do not then you will need to have the Chromecast's power usb connected to a wall outlet.
    12-30-2016 06:37 AM
    If you turn on CEC control on your TV then, with the TV off, you should be able to say "Ok Google" Play Stranger Things on TV and the Chromecast should trigger your TV to power on to that input. I do not have a Chromecast, I have a Vizio P with builtin Chromecast. But I have read in other forums of people accomplishing what I just explained

Edit: Just wanted to note, this will only work if your TV's USB ports stay powered on while the TV is off. If they do not then you will need to have the Chromecast's power usb connected to a wall outlet.
    Does this work tho? Chromecast ALWAYS has a signal. It plays a slideshow when not showing content.
    12-30-2016 08:09 AM
    I still can not get my Chromecast to work for me this is what I get on the Chromecast app totally lost
    12-30-2016 08:32 AM
    I still can not get my Chromecast to work for me this is what I get on the Chromecast app totally losthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...95b66f1d14.png
    Oh, iPhone. Apple keeps 3rd parties from accessing APIs. So stuff can be trickier. But I know for a fact it works. Apple still has the Chromecast app? It's not Google home yet? Mine looks like this:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...ZmeWdHWFNub1d3
    Attached Thumbnails Chromecast help-13106.jpg  
    12-30-2016 08:59 AM
    Hi Richard Servello. I have the The video and tv cast for Chromecast Best browser to app and the google home app on my iPhone 7 plus 32GB
    12-30-2016 12:51 PM