Chromecast help

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Went out tonight and bought chromecast thanking I would be able to say ok google turn on my TV. To my google home unit then I would be able to say ok google Open up Netflix and it would it does not do this. The chromecast set up was successful on my Samsung Smart TV

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Went out tonight and bought chromecast thanking I would be able to say ok google turn on my TV. To my google home unit then I would be able to say ok google Open up Netflix and it would it does not do this. The chromecast set up was successful on my Samsung Smart TV

That's not how Chromecast works. You don't "open" any apps. You send applets to it with content. Say, "OK google, play stranger things on TV". If it's something not exclusive to Netflix say, "OK google, play family guy, on Netflix, on TV"

Hope that helps.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi

If you turn on CEC control on your TV then, with the TV off, you should be able to say "Ok Google" Play Stranger Things on TV and the Chromecast should trigger your TV to power on to that input. I do not have a Chromecast, I have a Vizio P with builtin Chromecast. But I have read in other forums of people accomplishing what I just explained :)

Edit: Just wanted to note, this will only work if your TV's USB ports stay powered on while the TV is off. If they do not then you will need to have the Chromecast's power usb connected to a wall outlet.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
If you turn on CEC control on your TV then, with the TV off, you should be able to say "Ok Google" Play Stranger Things on TV and the Chromecast should trigger your TV to power on to that input. I do not have a Chromecast, I have a Vizio P with builtin Chromecast. But I have read in other forums of people accomplishing what I just explained :)

Edit: Just wanted to note, this will only work if your TV's USB ports stay powered on while the TV is off. If they do not then you will need to have the Chromecast's power usb connected to a wall outlet.

Does this work tho? Chromecast ALWAYS has a signal. It plays a slideshow when not showing content.

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I still can not get my Chromecast to work for me this is what I get on the Chromecast app totally lost
bca665a4eb5c3c9511c8cb95b66f1d14.png

May 3, 2015
Visit site

Attachments

• 13106.jpg
    13106.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 19

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi Richard Servello. I have the The video and tv cast for Chromecast Best browser to app and the google home app on my iPhone 7 plus 32GB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38