Nexus One on ATT anyone ?

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3GS would be the way to go..

For some people yes. They have an intuitive and easy to use UI which is well integrated into peoples music libraries and so forth. They are literally idiot proof. To me Android is superior and will continue its upward swing to far surpass what Apple will allow to happen to their platform. There are lots of platforms for lots of different people. I personally don't care for the iPhone, but you do. Case in point.

Last edited:

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
People act like we've never heard of iPhone. If I wanted one I would have one. It's not that hard since I'm on AT&T anyway. Simply does not interest me. Lack of ability to run multiple apps at the same time alone is a deal killer. A smartphone has to be able to multitask out of the box at the very least for me to even consider it.

Now, if Apple decides to realease a device that can run multiple apps at the same time, has a better screen than the Nexus, and better processing, then I'll take a look. Then again, it won't be long until there is a Nexus 3G version for AT&T and then there is always the Nexus Two that is bound to come out.:)

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
People act like we've never heard of iPhone. If I wanted one I would have one. It's not that hard since I'm on AT&T anyway. Simply does not interest me. Lack of ability to run multiple apps at the same time alone is a deal killer. A smartphone has to be able to multitask out of the box at the very least for me to even consider it.

Now, if Apple decides to realease a device that can run multiple apps at the same time, has a better screen than the Nexus, and better processing, then I'll take a look. Then again, it won't be long until there is a Nexus 3G version for AT&T and then there is always the Nexus Two that is bound to come out.:)

New iPhone with all of those things you mentioned is coming... ssssshhhh, don't tell anyone though. ;) Will be a impressive device. Competition is a great thing.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
New iPhone with all of those things you mentioned is coming... ssssshhhh, don't tell anyone though. ;) Will be a impressive device. Competition is a great thing.
Agreed, Which brings us back to the Nexus One. It's here now...competing.

I'll worry about the next device when specs are confirmed and I can buy one.

I didn't even know I was interested in the Nexus until about 30 minutes before I bought it.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Agreed, Which brings us back to the Nexus One. It's here now...competing.

I'll worry about the next device when specs are confirmed and I can buy one.

I didn't even know I was interested in the Nexus until about 30 minutes before I bought it.

That's how it goes. Get that itch, you gotta scratch it... :p

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
For some people yes. They have an intuitive and easy to use UI which is well integrated into peoples music libraries and so forth. They are literally idiot proof. To me Android is superior and will continue its upward swing to far surpass what Apple will allow to happen to their platform. There are lots of platforms for lots of different people. I personally don't care for the iPhone, but you do. Case in point.

What I'm saying is I think pretty much everyone would agree the iPhone gives people the best(and fastest) browsing & multimedia experience.

Thats why I said what I said.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Its multimedia experience is still superior to Android if you mean itunes and integrated players, I'll give you that. Video is superior on Droid / Nexus. Browsing is also better on Android now esp with Android supporting flash 10.1 here soon.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Its multimedia experience is still superior to Android if you mean itunes and integrated players, I'll give you that. Video is superior on Droid / Nexus. Browsing is also better on Android now esp with Android supporting flash 10.1 here soon.

The flash is keyword: coming.

Hopefully it doesn't slow down the phone / cause any other problems..

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Adding flash support will have to slow it down, its a lot more to process. But thats to be expected. You will of coarse be able to keep it off if you don't want it to run flash.

I'll take a few extra seconds to render a page to view everything on the pages I am viewing. As intended.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Works pretty good for me so far. Edge speeds are pretty good on the N1, and haven't had any issues other than a dropped call here and there which is par for the coarse.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Works pretty good for me so far. Edge speeds are pretty good on the N1, and haven't had any issues other than a dropped call here and there which is par for the coarse.

Good to hear. Does MMS work out of the box or did you have to play with the settings first?

Glad to hear things are working well for you.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Working great here. Not as fast as 3G but not as slow as you'd normally expect EDGE to be. The Nexus really does a nice job.

I'm actually loving it more by the day. I hope it's a success so we see more Nexus devices in the future.

One thing to note is that not all EDGE signals are equal. I had to do some traveling yesterday and in one city EDGE was lightning fast, in another, only so-so. It can vary.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Working great here. Not as fast as 3G but not as slow as you'd normally expect EDGE to be. The Nexus really does a nice job.

I'm actually loving it more by the day. I hope it's a success so we see more Nexus devices in the future.

One thing to note is that not all EDGE signals are equal. I had to do some traveling yesterday and in one city EDGE was lightning fast, in another, only so-so. It can vary.

I noticed that too back when I had my original iPhone. Sometimes it would be shockingly quick while others times it would be down to a slow crawl.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there another thread for this?

I have been on AT&T for a full week and it works great! Not a single dropped call or bad call yet. On the iPhone 3GS it would be 2-3x a day. EDGE speeds for Navigation and light browsing have been more than adequate in the NE corridor. I don't miss the iPhone or 3G service one bit.

I also had some initial complaints that the touchscreen was harder to use but after I week I have gotten used to it and no more complaints. I just had to retrain the fingers.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Isn't there another thread for this?

I have been on AT&T for a full week and it works great! Not a single dropped call or bad call yet. On the iPhone 3GS it would be 2-3x a day. EDGE speeds for Navigation and light browsing have been more than adequate in the NE corridor. I don't miss the iPhone or 3G service one bit.

I also had some initial complaints that the touchscreen was harder to use but after I week I have gotten used to it and no more complaints. I just had to retrain the fingers.

Wow you are right, I was super tired while posting this I guess. Merged.

The biggest restriction with EGDE only is the fact if you are using data all of your voice calls that may come in will not go through. I can't deal with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez