Managing Exchange mail subfolders on Android

Kendoji

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using a Nokia E72, but am frustrated with the handling of emails, particularly subfolders within the Exchange email client.

I'm a Google fanboy, so would love to switch to Android, but I haven't yet found a really clear answer to how well Android manages subfolders in Exchange.

• Are all subfolders synchronised?
  • Does the application tell you when new emails arrive in one of the subfolders via server-side rules?
  • Is it fast and intuitive to switch from the Inbox to one of the subfolders and back again?

I don't mind using a 3rd party app, as long as the functionality is good.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

sp991

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is my experience from one week with a nexus one. These notes are for an IMAP email account.

1. All folders are synchronized. However, I'm not sure if all folders are synced automatically. I've clicked into a few sub folders and had to hit "load more messages" to see everything.

2. The client does not tell you when new mail arrives in a subfolder only in the inbox. This may be a function of my IMAP setup because this is the same way it worked on my blackjack 2 running windows mobile 6.1.

3. It is fast and intuitive to switch from the inbox to a subfolder and back. Here is the sequence from the home screen. Touch the email icon -> menu button -> folders -> select folder. To get back touch the back soft key then the inbox or any other folder. If you touch back twice you are back at the home screen.

Note that there are separate gmail and email icons on the home screen. I am running with two gmail accounts and one IMAP email account. These were the step when you use a non-gmail account.

Hope that helps. I'm still new to Android but this is an amazing phone.

Kendoji

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your input!

I'm a little concerned that it doesn't tell you when emails arrive into a subfolder, and wonder if the same applies for the Exchange client... If so, are there at least better 3rd party apps on Android?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87