Return N1 and wait for Desire

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw that the Desire is coming out in the UK on Amazon. It's due out 4/7. Should I return my N1 while I can and wait for the Desire? It seems that the Desire will run on the AT&T network. I know that the Sense ui has been ported (alpha) to the N1 but I don't believe it would work as well as on the Desire.

What do you guys think?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking about it, but then I realized I'd have to root the device to allow d/ls outside of the market anyways.

Edit: So I might as well root my n1 and get the sense UI.

Last edited:

URPREY

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought about it, but the Nexus One has some neat things the Desire won't have such as the desktop dock. The N1 is also slightly thinner, and I don't see every person in my office with one either.

G

GenericMessage

I thought about it, but the Nexus One has some neat things the Desire won't have such as the desktop dock. The N1 is also slightly thinner, and I don't see every person in my office with one either.

That can easily be made into an app (and I believe it is!)

Direct support from Google is reason enough to choose the nexus One over any Android device.

For now, but Google promised that they will be handling updates of the devices before too much longer and not the cellular providers

Boswell

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
The fact alone that google will be pushing updates to the phone and not the carrier is enough for me to get the nexus one. I've been with BlackBerry for 3 years now and waiting for my carrier to push updates is the worst!! I can't wait to get my Nexus.

G

GenericMessage

I'm referring to the hardware dock. The Desire does not have the contacts at the bottom to work with the hardware dock.

The Droid doesn't have metal contacts for its dock. It uses magnets. This could too?

URPREY

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The Droid doesn't have metal contacts for its dock. It uses magnets. This could too?
Not sure - I just know that putting the N1 in its hardware dock and charging it while having a nice alarm clock display is awesome. Audio out over BT to the dock is great too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty